What are your locally available flashlights?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nothing different here in this part of NC, except maybe that we've got some REI stores with Gerber lights. But you've got Cabelas with even better selections.

Geoff

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the well known chain stores, there are a few gun shops and army/navy stores in this area which sell Surefire and Pelican flashlights. The Pelican models are limited and usually a generation or two behind. The prices are fairly high.

An otherwise good tool store near me sells Streamlight and Inova (the tactical series), but older stock and at premium prices.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire, Mag, Rayovac, Inova, Energizer, LED LENSER, Coast, Streamlight, Dorcy, Garrity, Princeton Tec, Freeplay, Pelican, Coleman, Duracell, Leatherman.

Used to be able to get Gerber lights, but the one place I knew that carried them discontinued them late last year. Going to check another store today.

Last edited:

MWClint

Enlightened
Mag(tru-value hardware), Inova(target), Surefire(gun shop-prices are bleh)
fairly typical stuff from walmart, home depot, kmart, sears as well.

seaside

Enlightened
Let's see. Here in northern virginia, Walmart, K-mart, Target, Homedepot and couple hardware stores are all I got w/in 20 min drive. I found Rayovac, Inova, Energizer, Coast, Dorcy, Coleman, Duracell, Husky and of cause, Maglite. And low lumen Gerber flashlights at sports authority. As you all know, there's nothing special about them.

But when it comes to better brands like surefire and fenix... There should be a local gun shop or two that sells some though, I haven't seen any and never bother checking them. Most normal(?) people don't really knew about flashlight anyway. One guy at hardware store was like "what's surefire? How about this bright 9 LED light?"

One and only ranger supplus store at 20 min driving distance closed the door couple month ago due to the economy. I should've checked them before they went under though...

Last edited:

KD5XB

Enlightened
We have the regular stuff sold in Wal Mart -- Ray-O-Vac, Energizer, Mag, etc. And then we have the uniform shop/warrior shop out at Cannon AFB, and they sell SureFire lights and drop-ins.

Mdinana

Enlightened
Mag(tru-value hardware), Inova(target), Surefire(gun shop-prices are bleh)
fairly typical stuff from walmart, home depot, kmart, sears as well.

+1 on the brands
Mag, Inova, Energizer (Target); SF (gun, army-navy stores); Pelican, Streamlight (BatteriesPlus!); the usual Dorcy, Duracell, poor-name stuff at Walmart; Whatever that brand is at Lowe's that everyone likes.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
mag
surefire
inova
princeton-tec
Photon
River-rock
coast
ROV
energizer
Fenix (about 50 minute drive)
Pelican
streamlite

Last edited:

Team Member

Enlightened
When things arrive at Denmark they get an invisible golden coating.

What about:

Surefire A2 Aviator for $340?
http://www.vagtshop.dk/product.asp?product=403

Mini Maglite 2AA LED for $54
http://www.vagtshop.dk/product.asp?product=151

Wolf-Eyes Angle C for $119
http://www.vagtshop.dk/product.asp?product=546

So all my purchases are forign, I simply cant afford to shop locally:thumbsdow

That´s exactly what happens here in Sweden.
For an example, Surefire E2DL. Surefire price 149$, Swedish price 235$...

:poof:

I could probably find some Mini Mags around and some chines copys...

ypsifly

Enlightened
The usual B&M store assortments plus a couple gun shops and army surplus stores that sell SF and Streamlight. I live within 45 minutes of a Cabela's, Bass Pro and an REI. I also live almost walking distance from a Gander Mountain but their selection of lights has gone downhill over the last few years.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Wow Ifeel super bad for you guys in denmark and sweden. Those surefire prices are astronomical. Must be partly due to shipping.

Well here on oahu in hawaii we pretty much have everything available to us. Two very good place to go are Young guns which has a wide assortment of brands in stock and then there's poweredge where Peter can pretty much order you anything if he can source a distributer. Then there's a few surefire distributers. So surefires are extraordinarily affordable here. If you know the right people you can buy them at wholesale prices. I'm very surprised to hear how hard it is for some places to get certain brands. I always thought hawaii was one of the more remote places and subsequently would have less brands available.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I'm pretty fortunate having a Cabela's, Target, and Wal-Mart ~10 minutes from where I live for my flashlight needs. Although, I've only bought a couple of SureFire's from Cabelas since I can get much better prices online. I just go there to look at the them and play with the demo SureFire's out of the glass case. :laughing:

fenix-rules, you're lucky having lighthound nearby!!

Robert