"POOF"nite ize mag c and d cell led upgrade

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
Hello was doing some shopping other day and spotted the torch section and the store had a selection of nite ize products on sale so I picked up an led upgrade for my spare 2d mag I keep in my car for emergencies and bought some new alkalines as well . Anyway got home and fitted the new led module and the new batts and turned it on and for my money i got a very blue led a bit disappointing and then "POOF"after about 2 minutes .now it dont work .has anybody had a similar experience with this product ,should i get a replacement or a refund ?. I have used nite ize products in the past and have nothing but good things to say about their goods but i am unfamiliar with this particular product . Anybody got an answer please .lol cliff

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either exchange it or contact Nite-Ize.

Nite-Ize has excellent customer service. I had an issue with the tint of a Minimag drop-in I bought and they sent me a new one and didn't request the old one back.

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
I have upgraded a 3D and a 4D with nite-ize with no problems.

years ago, I upgraded 10 M@G 2AA lights with nite-ize leds. The only problem I ran into was one of the switches in 1 upgrade package was bad. I exchanged and all was (is) well.

I must say it's been very nice not to have to worry about bulbs burning out and the battery life improvement is a bonus for me. It was really annoying having to pay the "incandescent bulb tax" on these lights every couple of months. I suspect M@G uses the "razor blade" profit model: give aways the lights, make the profit on the expendables. In this case, bulbs. - I used to pay $1.99/2 bulbs. They probably cost about $.02 ea. to manufacture. I am fairly sure they have a high profit margin.

GPB

Enlightened
I have been running a few of the Nite Ize drop ins for quite a while without any trouble at all. I have a 1 watt w/ IQ switch in a mini mag and I have 2 of the 2-6 cell LED's that my kids use as night lights. They aren't very bright but have a run time that you measure with a calendar instead of a stop watch.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Thats the PR drop in right? I have one of those in a 4D, its my emergency light in the closet next to a 4-pack of duracells. I have only used it sparingly but it works fine. Its my last ditch emergency backup should all else fail and the earth crash into the sun. Actually, the OEM incan in the tailcap is my last-last ditch backup, should that nite ize drop in fail me.

I would just take it back to the store and get an exchange for a new one.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happened to me, took it back, got a new one, all was good.

Same product. Bought it on a whim at Wal-Mart; they accepted an exchange with nothing so much as a two-sentence explanation, and the receipt.