What do your Friends carry?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well we have covered lights EDCed from family before,
and in my case this is something that i am not proud of...

But what lights do your freinds coworkers etc carry?

Outdoors oriented friends

1x KaiDomain Buckle Light
1x RC-N3 in CR123 format

Friends Serving in the Military

2x Romisen Rc-G2 (to very good service!)
1x do not know actually, he has 5 lights (G2, Ultrafire C2, Solarforce L2, NightPower Xenon, RC-N3)

Gun Club friends

1x MTE C2 SSC
1x AKoray 6-mode (replacement for lost MTE C2 SSC)
1x Superfire WF-501B
1x Fauxton and sometimes E1
1x Magllight Solitaire (he won;t switch to a light I gave him)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What does your Firends carry?

Cavers tend to use Petzl Myo XP or PT Apex, and then there is everthing else in smaller numbers.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make

my friends dont carry :(

i am the odd of the bunch.

im slowly transforming them to increace preparedness.
cant ask to edc carry yet.. "just have A flashlight somewhere dude!"

yes, slowly i will win them to bright-side *evil scheme*

many use lighters and cellhones :(

some are improving to fauxtons i have given. or someother keychain leds.

some have dx style cheap lights already.. but i seriously doubt they edc them.

2 do edc most of the time or atleast have one near by if they go somewhere they might need a light (led lensers)

even those that need a flashlight in their job only use them at job .. same goes to hobbyists (hunters trekkers etc).. not everywhere.

but i have one person that is gullible ..ermm.. no thats not right word.. hmm.. ready to accept flashlights as useful items worthy of having everywhere. i just need to show him the right direction to go.

i believe the light i will soon choose to be my next EDC is something he will insist getting too the moment he sees it perform.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most nothing, a few have Photons or Photon clones with their keys or on zipper pulls.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

My friends each carry a cell phone with my number in it, and they call me when they need light. But seriously, they don't carry flashlights with them, except for a cheapie keyring LED light that I gave each of them a while back.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

lets see.... at 3 are edcing a lumapower F1

and at least 5 more have photon clones :)..

carrot

Flashaholic

Unless otherwise noted each line is a different person:

- Nitecore EX10 & Arc-AAA
- Muyshondt Nautilus
- Surefire G2
- some kind of Surefire running a LumensFactory IMR setup

My dad carries a Streamlight Nano (I gave him an Arc but he likes the Nano better); my mom a Fenix E1; my aunt a Photon and E01.

Size15's

Flashaholic
But what lights do your freinds coworkers etc carry?
My friends, family and my team members as well as a few close colleagues all have PhotonII's from me.

One of my mates is a copper so has been sorted out with a U2 and an L4 and a TigerLight (although I learned recently it hasn't been used in well over a year)
I've encouraged quite a few people to get Princeton Tec EOS headtorches after they made good use of mine on camping trips etc.

Every now and then I see a friend with a GlowRing I gave away as gifts ten years ago. I only have a few left myself after all this time. Gotta get some more. Where's B@rt? :poke:

As motivation to return safely I lent one of my team members who is taking a month vacation to travel New Zealand and Australia an ArcAAA. I told her; 'Don't think I won't suffer going to Oz to hunt her down to get it back if she doesn't show up for work when she's meant to.' Who authorised her taking a month's vacation anyway? Me. The only consolation is that she'll have only a couple weeks of leave remaining to last her the rest of the year.

A couple of mates have MagLights just to tease me because they know it winds me up. I got my own back on one of them because their multi-D-cell MagLight didn't work when they attempted to counter my showing them my latest new flashlight. The D-cell(s) had leaked! :crackup:

Penguin

Enlightened
Two of my friends have E01's cause I gave them as Christmas gifts. Three others carry LD01 Stainless (1 cause I gave it to his for his birthday). It's much easier to EDC keychain lights :) ~5 have the original black Arc AAA's!

sappyg

Enlightened
if my friends edc a light it's because i gave it to them. i gave away one LED Lenser about 8 months ago to a friend and he uses it still. this is actually a very fine light.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most people I know don't carry a light.

However:
My flatmate used to carry a Maglite Solitaire and now carries a Fenix E01 that I gave him in exchange for his Mag 2D that he didn't use (I only had 2 of the Mag 2D hosts & I wanted a 3rd (ROP Low, Malkoff, Osram 64430)).

My Stepfather sometime goes on overnight tramps, he has a cheap LED headlamp and a cheap torch - I am not sure of the brand.

A friend is always in the car when he is out at night so he has some torches in the car, all are cheap junk. He does have a Fauxton on his keyring that I gave him.

Some other people I know have a cheap dynamo LED torch (squeeze to recharge) that the local supermarket had a special on (NZ$3 for a toilet thing that clips on the bowl to clean/fragrance the toilet, with a free torch that never needs batteries). They never carry it though, just keep it at home or in the car.

Most people don't see a need to always have a torch on them. Most are happy with something that cost less than $10. Most never concern themselves with batteries or bulbs until they try to use a torch and it doesn't work. I have never meet another person that has >US$200 worth of torches on them almost all the time (or that value of torches at all). I don't tell people how much I have spent all together on torches, batteries & chargers - most would be horrified at the cost just for some light.

scottaw

Enlightened
My wife has a P2D in her purse, an LD01 on her keys, and a few randoms in her car....I put them all there, she laughs at me. But whenever she needs one and uses it she always tells me about it ;)

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my best friends EDC's a Novatac 120P, LD01-SS, and a Surefire L5. He is a beginner flashoholic(guess who got him into it).

Another EDC's a Fenix L2D I sold him over a year ago. He carries it everyday, mostly in it's L1D form. Also has a ROP-LOLA he uses for brighter tasks.

Another EDC's a Surefire 6PL. Extremely beat up as it's his only light and gets lots of use.

Another friend of mine and fellow flashoholic EDC's a LunaSol 20 and Ti Mule.

Mom carries a D10 in her purse everyday, and I have it running on a protected 14500 cell.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Ha ha i love this post. I wonder why no one's asked this before. No one I know carried a light on them before I started giving them out. Now my dad has a U2, my mom has both an A2(which sits in a drawer somewhere cause she says it's too big for her purse) and an L1. My sister and her boyfriend both have A2's and M2's. My friends all are being equipped with jetbeam jet2 non-pro's unless they can't afford the primaries. In those cases they've been given jet1's. N my particularly attractive female friends are currently pimpin both E2d's and L1's.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered Protons for my office luckily they are on the GSA schedule so I got the discount. I have passed on a bunch of JB's and Fenix's and back when of Wayne started the sandwich shoppe I bought a bunch of Sandwiches from him and set up the whole shop with led's. Some are still being carried,I have up graded some of them.
C