I LOVE MY LD20

wishywashy7

Enlightened
Despite having an olive drab P3D Q5 (whih I have been EDCing for a long time now) and black L2D Q5, I finally pulled the trigger on an LD20. I picked this over a TK11 (Ihave a T1 and TK10). I know this has been released ages ago (in LED time :p), but I find the ready availability of AA batts in any country I travel to very convenient.

Despite no big changes on the LED, I find that the cosmetic/ergonomic changes on the body itself to make it look more dare I say tactical or aggressive, are much appreciated.

I think this will cure my new light itch...for now :naughty: now to wait for the TK40 reviews:popcorn:

UlrikJ

Newly Enlightened
Good for you :) I like my LD10 with LD20 body very much. CR123 batteries har not so common as AA. So a AA light is the only right EDC option for me. And with the LD20 body option I can get more performance if I wish. Overall you can't go wrong with the LD10 or LD20.

Last edited:

slate

Newly Enlightened
I love my LD20 as well. This is my first "decent" light and the bug has bit. I just ordered a Nitecore D10 R2 and I am still looking to buy more! Someone help me!:faint:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
This could get a "Which Fenix do I like most" thread...

Unfortunately, I couldn't answer it. I currently have an L0D, LD01ss, LD10, LD20, P1D-Q5, P2D-CE, PD20, PD30, TK10, TK11 & TK20.

I often use : LD01ss, P1D-Q5, PD20, LD20, TK10 & TK20.

Perhaps I like the TK20 most, but the TK10 has a very nice beam, the LD01ss is nice and strong, the P1D-Q5 never leaves my coat pocket, the LD20 is strong and runs on AA, the TK11 has the power, the PD30 as well, the PD20 fits in my trousers pocket, the L0D is in the car when I need it, the LD10 is great for one AA.

Not easy as you see, the LD20 is in he backpack as he TK20 and they often serve outdoors together.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my LD20 as well. This is my first "decent" light and the bug has bit. I just ordered a Nitecore D10 R2 and I am still looking to buy more! Someone help me!:faint:

Don't worry,
I applied for a CPF specific bail out to be followed by a stimulus plan... it will be funded by the AIG bonus tax. :D

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I bought a L2D Q5 last year from another member here and used it specifically for my bike. The light was great but as winter starting rolling up, the bike riding stopped and I needed some money for another light so I ended up selling it. I regretted selling it and tried looking for another used one here to buy. Well a LD20 Q5 just became available so I bought it and it should be here in a few days. This again will be my dedicated bike light. I can't wait to get it.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a L2D Q5 last year from another member here and used it specifically for my bike. .... Well a LD20 Q5 just became available so I bought it and it should be here in a few days. This again will be my dedicated bike light..

I'd love to hear what you think of the LD20 as a bike light. I use the L2D Q5 as my bike light and I was thinking of getting a second one. The reason for that is that the hot spot is reasonably wide and theres an excellent spill and a very smooth beam. Compared to my olight T25, I feel the L2D is better for the bike as it lights up the peripherals better.

There doesnt seem that much difference when you look at the tests in these threads but there are differences:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/214890
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/210904

Last edited:

wishywashy7

Enlightened
I was just wondering...does anyone make a kydex-type rig for the LD20...the anti-roll "nut" on the head may make this problematic unlike the more streamlined L2D...

While a bit long, I consider the LD20 still pocketable in jeans (not in a suit in the office :p)

As much as I love the light, I've never had a fondness for the holster :shakehead

can someone post pics please? :thinking: Thanks! :popcorn: