Where is this rock formation?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I'd pool the vast knowledge base here on CPF to see if anyone knows where this interesting rock formation is located. It reminds me of Vasquez Rocks north of Los Angeles, only much greener. I've seen these rocks featured in the background of a Vehix.com commercial last year and on the packaging of several camping products. Below is one of those product packages, only I erased out the tent and sleeping bag from the image.

Anyone recognise this place? I've searched online without success.

RockFormation.jpg

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My geology professor was particularly keen on flatirons. They're distinctive, geologically, and other features are often mistaken for flatirons. They're not as common as other formations, but they are certainly dramatic. I used to live in Boulder, and the flatirons are a nice landmark.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like Colorado Springs
Do you mean The Garden of the Gods? Seems like there are a lot of really interesting formations running north-south along the base of the rockies.

I'm fairly sure now the picture in post #1 is the Flatirons near Boulder. Although the image is reversed, you can clearly see distinctive features that match.