New U-15 with P7 - short review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divegeek

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I just got my hands on one of the new U-15 with P7! It was a replacement for a faulty U-15 that was send for repair.

Nice looking light (as usual) :) Lighter in color than the usual U-15 and the "Barbolight" text is not as visable. Only downside is that it has also grown in size! :thinking: I have a few pictures below where the new U15 is compared to the older model.

It seems like Javier has changed the head design so that the front of the light is a screw-on (at the lens, not the complete head) - perhaps this will ease later upgrades as it will be easier to access the LED and electronics from the lens side (or to upgrade it to the zoom version??).

I did a quick comparison (visual test only) of the light output of the new and the old U15 and there were no significant difference. The new version might be just a little better, but its not much.

A few pictures below - thanks to Zeruel for telling me how to upload these

billede0109.jpg

billede0107.jpg

billede0108.jpg

billede0114o.jpg

Comparing with the "old" U-15:

billede0110o.jpg

billede0111i.jpg

billede0112c.jpg

billede0113p.jpg

Thank you Javier! The Barbolight family continues to evolve :twothumbs

Last edited:

Divegeek

Newly Enlightened
Hi Dude,

Unfortunately I had send the "old" U-15 back to Barbolight (it was a loaner), so it's too late to take comparison shots.

Phattestdude

Newly Enlightened
I've can't seem to find a beam shot of this new P7 U-15 Barbolight. Is there a thread I missed? Or could you put some shots of yours. I did see Will's Bomb-Proof P7 but not this one. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.