Fenix E01 vs maglight solitaire w/tektite LT-3 drop in

nasa779

Newly Enlightened
do we have any beam comparisons that are side by side, i want a teeny light for my keychain with a decent output and that can take a beating

i mean the fenix is cheaper for the whole flashie ($13), but does that mean the tektite LT-3 must be a great thing because its somewhat expensive ($24)

ackbar

Enlightened
i want a teeny light for my keychain with a decent output and that can take a beating

If that is what you want, then I can recommend the Fenix E01 without hesitation. Durable, reasonably bright and the best part, it won't break the bank.

Regarding the beamshots. Please see the Marduke quote regarding the solitare's runtime (i'd link it but cannot for the life of me remember who sigged it) :D

Edit: it was Kaichu Dento and quite possibly someone else but he was the first hit so I'm going with him :D
Marduke - Solitaire runtime is 11 minutes to 50%...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
E01 is more durable and brighter, with a much longer runtime.

The LT-3 is expensive because it carries the same price it did when initially released, when such a small dropin was inherently $$.