Nitecore Defender Infinity R2 sometimes loses user setting

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
Hello.

I was wondering if those who own a NDI (mine is a R2) have encountered losing the user mode setting. I typically set my user mode to low brightness and on occasion I have noticed that it would default back to high. Just today I was playing with the clicky (turning it on and off) and it switched to high. Of course, I wasn't expecting it when it happened. Afterwards, I kept tried to make it repeat but it wouldn't do it. Does this sound familiar to anyone??? :thinking:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that what you are experiencing could be due to the fact that when you play with the switch the head is not definitely tightened or definitely loose. Intermediate positions such as 'touching-not-touching' can lead to unexpected behaviours.
With these lights it is always advisable to make sure the contact made by the head is well open or closed.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes I sometimes experience the exact same issue and it's due to exactly the reason that Kilovolt stated. I sort of gave mine to my dad and that same thing really threw him for a loop. Once you're aware of what causes it avoidance is a bit easier.

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback guys. It is good to hear that there is an explanation for this and others have similar experiences. I thought that I going nuts the first time the light lost the user defined setting.