Whining in Connexion?

Mdinana

Enlightened
Yesterday I started to hear a high pitched whine coming from my Lumapower Connexion. It started after a few minutes on high. Today, it returned, but was on med and low as well. I loosened the head, but it didn't go away.I'm running Energizer L91.Any thoughts on what it is, and recommended actions?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It's inductor whine; a component in your light's circuitry has something loose way down at the microscopic level, which vibrates as energy passes through/near it.

There's no way to fix it by hand; it may go away if you use a different battery type, but the only sure way to repair it is to return it to the seller for an exchange.

hatman

Enlightened
Yesterday I started to hear a high pitched whine coming from my Lumapower Connexion. It started after a few minutes on high. Today, it returned, but was on med and low as well. I loosened the head, but it didn't go away.I'm running Energizer L91.Any thoughts on what it is, and recommended actions?

Is this the Connexion X2 or the original model?

wrf

Newly Enlightened
My ConneXion (original) has always made a noise (highest pitched on highest brightness, and also louder on lower brightness). I'm using alkaline cells BTW (don't have any other cells or I would try them as a test).

I don't hear the same on my newer ConneXion X2, though I perceive something is coming from it. I think it is just too high pitched for my older ears to hear.