I did it! First "real" flashlight!

knivesandguns

Newly Enlightened
I ponied up $127 for a flashlight and accessories! This'll probably grow exponentially like my knives....

What I bought:
Olight M20 R2 emitter, black
diffuser for M20
12 batteries

and a bikeblock two fish bike mount

I can't wait! :twothumbs

(did I do well?) :poke:

seaside

Enlightened
Congrat on your first real light purchase. Yeah, you did well. Olight M20 is nice one to have.

BTW, if this is your first real light, what lights you've been using so far?

faco

Enlightened
I'm sure you will add more lights in future, now for your forum name..........you forgot to add flashlights to it :naughty:

Nice kit you bought :thumbsup:

knivesandguns

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone!

I had been using those Maglight LED's for use--even though they were much too long and bulky to use, and were very unreliable.

I looked at the 18650's + charger, and they seemed a bit expensive for how much I would be using the light. If I need them though, I will buy some in the future.

knivesflashlightsandguns... hmmm kinda funny name eh? :D
:party:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be sure to let us know how you like it!! I've been admiring those for a while myself!!

knivesandguns

Newly Enlightened
Be sure to let us know how you like it!! I've been admiring those for a while myself!!

Sure thing, although I can't really cover anything more than ersanada or self-built did in their reviews. If you'd like to know anything, I'll be happy to show pictures and an explanations for your questions :)

How long until it arrives here? I ordered it Sunday night from battery junction. 4 days to Oregon maybe? :party:

Ninjaz7

Enlightened
Congrats and welcome but I may recomend you changing your name to Knivesandgunsandflashlights,just a suggestion(lol)...This is just the tip of the iceberg,an excellent choice with the olight...

Try never to utter the prefixes of Mc,Mac,or Milk or the diamond ring you promised your spouse could easly become zirconium.All kidding aside this may be your first serious flashlight purchase but certainly not your last ,gl.

Burgess

Flashaholic
You have made a fine choice, with the Olight M20 Warrior.

:thumbsup:

Hope you like yours, as much as i like mine.

Oh, and Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

You now have everything you could possibly need in a flashlight.

I suggest you leave this Forum soon, while you still have money in yer' wallet.

:wave:

_

4x4dodge

Newly Enlightened
It's great to get an actual flashlight isn't it? Thanks to this forum I did the same, but went with a Fenix TK20. Now I'm looking at the TK40... (this forum will cost you...:grin2:)

knivesandguns

Newly Enlightened
You have made a fine choice, with the Olight M20 Warrior.

:thumbsup:

Hope you like yours, as much as i like mine.

Oh, and Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

You now have everything you could possibly need in a flashlight.

I suggest you leave this Forum soon, while you still have money in yer' wallet.

:wave:

_

Thanks for the welcome :)

To the above poster, I might do that, once I have determined if this is a "hobby" to keep like my other two :D.

I'm already broke with this flashlight, had to get a "loan" from my parents, with $2 interest each month :eek: :crackup: I thought it was time to get a decent light, as I already have more knives than pockets and fingers combined... :p

I thought it was worth it, after reviewing everything possible for over 2 months here. I'm not liking this waiting game at all.

4x4dodge

Newly Enlightened
^^^ Waiting is the worst part isn't it? I think once you get your hands on it, you will want to continue the hobby, I know I sure do... The prices on these lights are high for a reason, you will see. :thumbsup:

knivesandguns

Newly Enlightened
It's still not here!!!

I checked the package, and it went from Massachusetts to HAWAII?!?!? I sure hope USPS knows what they're doing!

Gosh I sure hope I have it by tomorrow.

PG5768

Newly Enlightened
It's still not here!!!

I checked the package, and it went from Massachusetts to HAWAII?!?!? I sure hope USPS knows what they're doing!

Gosh I sure hope I have it by tomorrow.

You don't live out by the Owyhee River, do you? :)

Good to see you here, too, knivesandguns. :twothumbs

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
12 primaries won't last very long, start saving up for the 18650 battery, the li-ion charger, a backup flashlight, battery for the backup flashlight, extra charger, more batteries, a second backup flashlight, and more flashlights to extend your collection.

See... if you have other hibbies, better say bye to them. :broke:

erlon

Newly Enlightened
12 primaries won't last very long, start saving up for the 18650 battery, the li-ion charger, a backup flashlight, battery for the backup flashlight, extra charger, more batteries, a second backup flashlight, and more flashlights to extend your collection.

See... if you have other hibbies, better say bye to them. :broke:

LOL.. That´s sooo true !!!