Maglite 3AA LED run time

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I use my Maglite 3AA led flashlight to do my pre trip truck inspection and I accidentally turned it on at 12:30 PM yesterday 4/23/09 (after work) to 3:30 4/24/09 I went out to my pickup to go to work this morning and it was still shining this morning :thumbsup: LEDs rock

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
I know, when I first got the LED dropin for my Mag 2D I was super impressed by the runtime compared to the original. That was before I'd found CPF, tho, so I was happily oblivious to the inferiority of the original stock incans.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. Gotta love that long run time. I wonder how long it would have run if you left it on. I can't remember what the total run time is supposed to be.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my Maglite 3AA led flashlight to do my pre trip truck inspection and I accidentally turned it on at 12:30 PM yesterday 4/23/09 (after work) to 3:30 4/24/09 I went out to my pickup to go to work this morning and it was still shining this morning :thumbsup: LEDs rock

3:30 PM? Or AM, I'm guessing PM, so the light was on for 15 hours, the run time test posted at flashlightreviews.com ended after 6 hours, but it was still on "though much dimmer, so the light must have an emergency "moon mode" that runs for much longer:thumbsup:, though how much longer:shrug:?

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
I am pretty sure it was 12:30 PM I got off and I went back to work at 3:30 AM the next day , I would just leave it in the truck but I have a sneaking suspicion it would walk away :sigh: