Best Light with 1/4 (tripod) Thread

flilow06

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I'm looking to get a light for my dad. He's an avid photographer so its purpose will be something he can use on his tripod when extra lighting is necessary and also something to keep in his bag and light his path when he's out at random destinations taking pictures at night (woods, mountains, beach, etc.)

Price: less than $75.
Size/battery: single AA or AAA
Output: Over 100 lumens
Must have universal tripod threading

So far the two best contenders I've found are the Nitecore EZ AA (I'm aware of the recall for now) and the Liteflux LF2X.

Any suggestions/advice is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'd say wait for the EZAA to come back and see how folks like it. This would probably be the better light for your dad. Made to run on regular AAs and easy two level operation.

Geoff

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't forget that Berkeley Point makes collars for lights (SF E series as well as minimag sized). Just attach them to the light and they have a 1/4 x 32 tripod socket. Your choices get a little broader if the light is of those dimensions.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Nitecore might be a good light for him. Easy to use, small, and also runs on AA batteries.

But remember that LEDs have a different emitting spectrum then other light sources, which could make the pictures seem different.

flilow06

Newly Enlightened
That photonfanatic light is gorgeous... but maybe something a little easier to attain, lol. That is a good point on the lighting issue... may need something with a natural color.

Any options with natural lighting?

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A warm white LED might help, but I'm not sure how much.

I don't know of any Incans that would work, I'm a LED guy.(also incans will have less runtime and be dimmer then the LEDs)