Best Maglite Solitaire Upgrade,,,

themadplumbarian

Newly Enlightened
Hello to all,

I think Ive been through all post i think i could find on here, but i dont know what the ratings are, i know Lumens, but on every page in reguards to the Maglite Solitaire upgrade theres terms i have no clue of! as a project i figured i would upgrade mine, (just for giggles) whats the best upgrade to do, not the brightest, dont get me wrong, i would love to have it the brighest you can make, i just dont want to have to replace the batt every 15 min of use... yet at the same time i dont want 30hrs of run time and no throw of light, (with me)? any suggestions? thanks JR :confused:

rockz4532

Enlightened
The best upgrade?
Get a Fenix E01, brighter then the solitaire on fresh batteries, and runs for 10 hours regulated, HAIII, pretty anything you would want in a 1aaa light.
Oh, and its $12.50. It's probably cheaper than any of the good upgrades to the solitaire.

Oh, and for 2.50 more, you get a lifetime replacement if you ever break it (wont happen, trust me).
Heres the link

:welcome:

Last edited:

themadplumbarian

Newly Enlightened
The best upgrade?
Get a Fenix E01, brighter then the solitaire on fresh batteries, and runs for 10 hours regulated, HAIII, pretty anything you would want in a 1aaa light.
Oh, and its $12.50. It's probably cheaper than any of the good upgrades to the solitaire.

Oh, and for 2.50 more, you get a lifetime replacement if you ever break it (wont happen, trust me).
Heres the link

:welcome:
Thanks, I like the HEAVY knurled grip, anything better then 10 lumens? JR

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
use an eneloop aaa

I threw in an eneloop battery. Light is much brighter, loses the 'anemic yellow' that this incan is infamous for. It makes it a totally usable light.

Yes, I know m@g says not to use rechargables, ignore them. I first started using eneloops in a few month ago (upon joining cpf), no troubles.

I also have a 3.7vaaa li to try out (I have no idea if this will work) if I ever pick up a "mini-Mag 2 aa" bulb, just haven't seen any xenon/halogen ones around, and I know the krypton is a waste of $.

Once again, put an eneloop aaa in your solitar! I have mine in my robe, use it to avoid stepping on the dog when I get up at night.

themadplumbarian

Newly Enlightened
Here's an insanely cool mag solitaire mod...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/228363

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/229455

Otherwise a Fenix LD01 is an excellent replacement.
That first one is what im looking for, but what is the runtime and output? if i saw right, 50lumens? but for how long? if 2-3 hours, thats it where do i get parts, im a plumber, i dont know all these terms? if i have to replace, i like the Nitecore 10, either the aa, or 123, my main carry is a Fenix Tactical series T1, ive had that for over a year, and still have to replace the batts, thats a tank, lit my tree line up at over 300' on high and even low! just need a small pocket one, and thought of modifing one i have,,,

seaside

Enlightened
If you really want to modifiy your solitare, then this would be little off topic, but it sounds to me, any AA sized LED flashlight can work for your need. Most of them are in 40~100 lumen range with run time of 1 to 2 hours. As a plumber you are, I think you need something brighter than solitare, but smaller than your fenix. If that's the case, check BessieBenny's sticky thread at LED forum.

Last edited:

radiopej

Enlightened
This isn't an upgrade, but others are suggesting torches so I'll out my 2 cents.

I bought my Olight i3S for $25 (plus $7 for shipping). Runs on a single AAA and gives up to 80 lumens on high. I've also ordered a Lithium ion AAA to see if it goes higher. I love mine.

If you want to upgrade your Solitaire to LED, Li-Ion rechargeable batteries might increase the voltage and brightness. I figure whatever LED you swap with will have a tolerance range, so if you can upgrade that battery will make it bright.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited: