• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Let's go military (MIL SPEC HA III MAG host) *** 4th Batch (COMPLETED)***

Britelumens

Enlightened
*** 4th Batch MIL SPEC HA III ***​

The MAGs hosts are in, now we are talking......

mags.jpg

Hi Guys,

Back by popular demand! The EVERGREEN Maglite in HA III finish!!

First of all, let me start by making an apology to members who have been patiently waiting without much complain
for this 4th batch custom MAG HA III run. You have asked for it , and here you have it.
Just like the previous 1st, 2nd and successful 3rd batch of the HA III. This 4th batch would be as good if not better.
That is because of a new finishing which is HA III Matt Black that I would like to explore on this batch.

For efficiency, logistic , order simplicity and quality of this HA III run just like others earlier batches.
Below are the possible types of configurations, designs that is going are going to be offer.
Nevertheless, designs and other type of MAG hosts availability might be feasible.

Thank you everyone for making this possible. This is your thread modders! :thumbsup:lovecpf

SUREFIRE M6 for color comparison (latest 4th batch completion) , NOT FOR SALE

a3.jpg

a2.jpg

a5.jpg

***ESTIMATED SHIPPING OUT DATE IS BY 31st July 2009***.

Progress status updated as of 24 July 2009

Custom 1C bored to fit AW C Cell 3.7 volt
t11.jpg

t10.jpg

A complete 1D setup, will look better in the HA III :D
t5.jpg

This 1D with modified tail cap is much shorter than the already short standard 1D ( comparison with my standard 1D )
t3.jpg

PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING:

Hi guys, thanks for all the patient while I have been busy coordinating to get this 4th batch HA III moving for you guys. Before , making any payment, I would urge everyone to take some of your time to read this before making payment.

Due to popular demand and to ensure everyone get a hand of this run, all 2D host MAG head will be in FLUTE / FINNED custom finish. With either HA III olive or HA III matt black (new) coating. For the HA III olive coat, you can refer to the above photo comparison with a SF M6, or you can search some of my older thread. For the new HA III coat in matt black. This is the first and I could not show you the photos until the produce is finished. So you have to decide for yourself what color you want when making payment.

NO OBLIGATION, Like all previous HA III run, I do not require advance payment or your commitment to prevent any unhappiness arise due to unforeseen changes that might come along the way. Nevertheless, for those who have previous experience dealing with me know how I stand on my product and service if you decided to pay first. And that naturally will guaranteer you get your order. Else, you can pay or order when the item are all ready for shipping and photo session. But I cannot promise if they are still available if the slots are being taken up by members along the way who pay first. Be advised!

Rest assured that I am with you and therefore, like everyone else, I dislike waiting and delay. As long factors that within my control, I will always push for the earliest date possible. Status of progress or updates will also be available here in this thread for you. Everyone will have a piece of mind.
The key message is: If you think you cannot wait or lack of patient, please do not place an order.

The available list are more or less below, but, other host or configuration will be added along the way or if they are feasible, etc..larger host.
Due to the thin wall of the MAG C head, I am looking into the possibility of a flute / finned like the MAG D heads. Hence the status is under "Pending" and does not accept payment yet.

When making payment, PLEASE make a note what you are payment for, your nickname in CPF and all other important details so I can identify and keep a tab on it. :thumbsup:

Enough said, lets start the ball rolling :nana:

PROGRESS STATUS:

1) Host Arrived (Ended )
2) Machining ( Ended )
3) Anodizing ( Ended )
4) Host Finishing ( Ended )
5) Host Delivery
( In Process )

Available designs and configurations for purchase

1) MAG HA III 1D host - $120
( Finned & Flute Mag head / Cut / rethread )
The above is compatible with 1 AW /Kai D Li ion battery

#1 niner (PAID & SHIPPED)
#2 Scatterguns (PAID & SHIPPED)
#3 mash.m (PAID & SHIPPED)
#4 AVAILABLE
#5 AVAILABLE
#6 AVAILABLE
#7 NOT AVAILABLE
#8 NOT AVAILABLE
#9 NOT AVAILABLE
#10 NOT AVAILABLE

2) MAG HA III 1.5D host - $130
( Finned & Flute Mag head / Cut / rethread / Tri-Bored )
The above is compatible with 1 unit of FM 3 x 17670 battery holder.

#1 Drywolf (PAID & SHIPPED)
#2 niner (PAID & SHIPPED)
#3 ehallspqr (PAID & SHIPPED)
#4 mendhammarsh (PAID & SHIPPED)
#5 K-T (PAID & SHIPPED)
#6 NOT AVAILABLE
#7 NOT AVAILABLE
#8 NOT AVAILABLE
#9 NOT AVAILABLE
#10 NOT AVAILABLE

3) MAG HA III 2D stock host - $105
( Finned & Flute head )
The above is stock 2D in HA III with Finned / Fluted head

#1 JimmyM (PAID & SHIPPED)
#2 sunshine57 (PAID & SHIPPED)
#3 KROMATICS (PAID & SHIPPED)
#4 KROMATICS (PAID & SHIPPED)
#5 AVAILABLE
#6 NOT AVAILABLE
#7 NOT AVAILABLE
#8 NOT AVAILABLE
#9 NOT AVAILABLE
#10 NOT AVAILABLE

4) MAG HA III 1C standard - $95
( Cut / Bored / Rethread to fit AW C 26500 Li Ion battery )

#1 tx101 (PAID & SHIPPED)
#2 niner (PAID & SHIPPED)
#3 AVAILABLE
#4 AVAILABLE

5) MAG HA III 2C host - $65
( Stock 2C Mag host )

#1 JimmyM (PAID & SHIPPED)
#2 tx101 (PAID & SHIPPED)

Shipping is $18 each. Additional host add $8.

Registered mail please add $2.00. I'll be responsible for lost or undelivered mail should you decided to choose this option.
I'll not be responsible for lost mail shipping via regular airmail. Please allow 9 - 11 working days for it to arrive.

PAYMENT TO: info (AT) britelumens dot com

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened
Re: FS: Let's go military (MIL SPEC HA III MAG host) *** 4th Batch (Preview)***

Hi Kromatics,

Yes, there WILL be. Like mentioned, more information will be added. This is only a preview thread to ease everyone who are waiting that there is a go ahead for the 4th batch.
And most importantly, to allocated some fund for flashaholism :D .

With regards,
Jo @ Britleumens

No MAG 2D hosts? :confused: I was looking forward to getting a few with finned/fluted heads. :(

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the 1C host compatible with the AW IMR 26500 Cell? (bored) The HA III will ad a few thousands and may not fit. Might be something you take into consideration since it would be almost impossible to sand down such a hard finish. :twothumbs

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Jo,

If possible could I have a HA Black stock Mag C with finned head
and also body grooves.

Like this one but in Mag C

ha5.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Scattergun

Enlightened

I´m still in for one no. 2A Mag 1D finned and fluted head.
If possible in HA-III olive color, otherwise in black.
Thanks!

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi tx101,

It might not be feasible compare to the D Mag head as the thickness of the aluminum does not allow such a groove to be cut on it. And it will not look good to have such a shallow groove even you persist. It just does not bring out the intention of the cut.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Hi Jo,

If possible could I have a HA Black stock Mag C with finned and fluted head
and also body grooves.

Thanks

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi tx101,

It might not be feasible compare to the D Mag head as the thickness of the aluminum does not allow such a groove to be cut on it. And it will not look good to have such a shallow groove even you persist. It just does not bring out the intention of the cut.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Hmmm ... then I will go for a finned head and body grooves please

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is this thread to ask for exactly what we want or what will be offered?

^^Nova^^

Enlightened

So finning and fluting is not possible with a C mag head? Any word on internal boring for AW 26500 batteries?

Cheers,
Nova

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi Nova,

Do you have the dimension of the AW 26500. I can look into the possibility of that if its not a one off custom and dependent on popularity here.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

So finning and fluting is not possible with a C mag head? Any word on internal boring for AW 26500 batteries?

Cheers,
Nova

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi QtrHorse,

It would be more on what would be offered base on the popularity and with what existing battery configuration that exist. However, I do not rule out some new requests if its not one off for each person.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Is this thread to ask for exactly what we want or what will be offered?

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi QtrHorse,

It would be more on what would be offered base on the popularity and with what existing battery configuration that exist. However, I do not rule out some new requests if its not one off for each person.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Jo,

I believe the AW "C" is the only Safe chemistry LiMN 3.7V rechargeable battery available. These cells can handle high amperage and is safe to use in series / multi-cell applications.

Size : 26.20mm ( diameter ) x 50.40mm ( height ) +/- .05mm

Here is some other notes from AW:
Special notes

- Fitting in a Mag C is snug / airtight depending on the body version. Please check inside body tube diameter before purchase. You may need to sand the inside of the body tube of the Mag C to enable these cells to slide in/out freely ( Pewter Mag C seems to fit these cells without sanding ).

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

HAIIIs are BACK!
I'm interested in 2D and 3Ds.The C bodies for AWs 26500s would be cool too. The longer you take, the more money I'll be able to save.

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened

Keep kicking myself. I always procrastinate and miss my chance for the plain 2c. But I'll get it this time. Are you accepting pre-orders?

Britelumens

Enlightened

Hi Deputy T,

Right now I am waiting the hosts to reach me, once they are, this thread will be updated and I will accept payment on a first come first serve basic on what are available.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Keep kicking myself. I always procrastinate and miss my chance for the plain 2c. But I'll get it this time. Are you accepting pre-orders?

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I definitely have to strike while the iron is hot this time. I miss my HAIII Mags. Perfect hosts for PWM regulation. No more of this direct drive, battery/bulb matching stuff.

Policetacteam

Enlightened

Well I do not own any Mag's yet and these look tuff!!! I may have to jump on one as well. Nicely done! :thumbsup:

Can anyone recommend a semi-cheap set-up for a Mag. Thanks

Britelumens

Enlightened
Re: FS: Let's go military (MIL SPEC HA III MAG host) *** 4th Batch (HOST ARRIVED)***

Hi Guys,

Another quick update from me. The hosts have arrived and for the next few days, I will go through one by one the old post to attend each individual earlier request and wish list.

Then this thread will be updated again by the end of the week to accept confirm order and payment and what are available and how many.

Now we can start talking.......:nana:

mags.jpg

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens