the flashlights are a coming..

houtex

Enlightened
Today I went to the gunshow in Houston. I saw the regulars represented,Surefire and Streamlight.Then there were the ultacheap 9-led 3xaaa on alot of tables,but to my suprise Fenix,Jetbeam andolight all had different dealers there. I had seen Fenix ther before but this was a first for the others.IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME! The really cool part is I helped demonstrate the lights at each table( annoying know-it-all flashlight guy) Each table had it's own crowd.Everyone seemed to be impressed with the power butthe crowd quickly dispursed after pricing was made known. It's nice to see more manufactuers making their way to tables.
There was another co. there Beamshot. I got to handle the light and the quality and features were very nice .One had a multi function tailcap that seemed like something I could get into. Gonna have to research them more.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Did JetBeam and Fenix have their latest lights and ptrotypes like the fenix headlamp there?

I would have loved to have tried the new lights and likely would have shown others wondering how they worked how to use them. Probably would have chuckled seeing the crowd disperse after hearing the prices and comments. "What.. $60 for a flashlight?"

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
-- I can see it now . . . .

FIFTY BUCKS ! ! ! :eek:

For a FLASHLIGHT ? ? ? :eek:

And it's not even a Mag-Lite ! ! !

:shakehead

_

houtex

Enlightened
The Fenix that was there were the L1D,L2D and the other older models. Olight had the M30 and the 20, JetBeam showed the M1X,Raptor and the III-m. It was way cool, That Raptor is sooo nice.
The Jetbeam dealer is out of Austin,Tx. SHE was very nice and knowledgable.
Those beamshot lights were using K2's and seemed to have alot of throw. I was carrying my Nitecore Extreme and the small Beamshot was on par with it's hot spot at around 30 ft.
When I left I saw the guy standing next to me at JetBeam walking out with his new III-M. I think I had something to do with that sale.:D

rockz4532

Enlightened
-- I can see it now . . . .

FIFTY BUCKS ! ! ! :eek:

For a FLASHLIGHT ? ? ? :eek:

And it's not even a Mag-Lite ! ! !

:shakehead

_

:crackup:
It really disappoints me that regular consumers think Mag is the only company with well-built products.
If they ever saw the output and quality of those lights compared to a Mag, maybe they would see why it cost $50.

houtex

Enlightened
When I pulled the Nitecore out,some guy says "you carry a flashlight?it's daytime buddy"' .Then I explained to him how once I was in a department store and the lights went out and about a dozen people follewd me out. I asked what would he do if the lights went out right now? he replyed,"follow you out."

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I pulled the Nitecore out,some guy says "you carry a flashlight?it's daytime buddy"' .Then I explained to him how once I was in a department store and the lights went out and about a dozen people follewd me out. I asked what would he do if the lights went out right now? he replyed,"follow you out."

Sounds like he was being very sarcastic. I guess he thinks pockets are only for carrying chewing gum. Typical answer to i guess he see's nothing wrong with his solution if the lights go out also.

houtex

Enlightened
I think for me the exciting part is that more lights will be available for hands on inspection. I also beleive it will help to lower cost of lights all around.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
oh what an evil scheme of marketing plan i just had...

in such an show.
someone/they would turn off the lights for a minute.
then short announcement that "automatic fuse will turn the lights back on soon, dont panic." ehhahah..

and the person selling flashlights would turn bunch of his lights on!

huge beacon of light in the darkness.

people would naturally walk over to see where the lights are.. like moths to a flame we are..

i bet that vendors would sell dozens of flashlights during and after that short blackout.

smart plan would also to have half a dozen people in strategic locations with flashlights in their hands and couple to show and tell to passers by. maybe even sell them right then and there.

ohh.. the money would flow!

and people would just then and there understand it is not actually a bad idea to EDC one!

RGB_LED

Enlightened
NonSenCe, now THAT is a fantastic idea! Talk about a great object lesson and a somewhat cool way of drumming up business in a hurry. :cool:

:crackup:Ok, I had to laugh... but, seriously, was he being sarcastic, trying to be funny or admitting that having a flashlight in his pocket isn't such a bad idea?

AusKipper

Enlightened
and people would just then and there understand it is not actually a bad idea to EDC one!

Every time i am in a windowless building and someone asks me why I bother carrying a torch I wish I could make the power go out right then lol, even if just for a minute.

houtex

Enlightened
NonSenCe, now THAT is a fantastic idea! Talk about a great object lesson and a somewhat cool way of drumming up business in a hurry. :cool:

:crackup:Ok, I had to laugh... but, seriously, was he being sarcastic, trying to be funny or admitting that having a flashlight in his pocket isn't such a bad idea?

Well,from the look on his face, I could tell "a light came on" because the serious questions starting coming from this guy. How long does that battery run for, aren't those batteries expensive,stuff like that. I could tell he was giving it some serious thought.

Patriot

Flashaholic

....lol That's funny to me because I always remember the first time I was at a family get together in the evening and the power failed. It was in the "early days" but I pulled a Streamlight Stylus from my back pocket and immediately lit the living room with enough light for everyone to be able to move around by. My Uncle thought I had lost my mind because of the notion that I'd carry a flashlight around with me. This being the case even though he was witnessing the reasoning for me doing do as we sat in the relative darkness. If you can have an instrument that's easy and convenient to carry on your person, even if you only use it once a day it served its purpose, not unlike a pen.

I'll have to keep a better eye out for lights at the next gun show. Last time I went venders were selling Surefire, Streamlight, a few Night-Ops and a gaggle of Chinese trash lights...like $5-$15 types with terribly poor quality.

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
2 gunshows ago I had my P3D with me, before I really got into flashlights, I walked up and down oogiling the surefires and such then went to the pelican display where they had some lights out for people to look at. I think they had a 6P out and their other plastic lights, I pointed it up at the ceiling corner where it was dark from shadows and didnt act impressed, I guess he was watching cause he came up and asked how I liked it. I replied by pulling out my P3D and fired it at turbo, you should have seen his face when he saw how small it was haha. He wrote my name and number down as with fenix's brand name and what model I had. Then next gunshow he was stocked with P3D's and L2D's!!!! he thanked me a lot and said sales with these lights were outstanding and offered me a 25% discount on anything I wanted any time I was here! I started a venue for him with a little P3D, with the next gunshow coming up I cant wait to see what he brings with him haha. Now that I have a Milkyspit Gossamer lol.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam dealer is out of Austin,Tx.

I work in Austin, and live close by. I never knew there was a JB dealer in these parts---did you happen to get any contact info.? I would like a chance to see some of the newer JB models before buying.

Thanks.