I am pi@#$d. (VERY MAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at what was for sale just few weeks ago. SOB!!!! I MISSED IT!!!

Beast.jpg

bigone.jpg

bigone2.jpg

bigone3.jpg

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I am pissed.

Funny you said that. It is the "Beast". That is SureFire "Beast", prototype HID/LED light.

p.s. There was never an official name for it, so some models were called "Beast", some "Hellfire".

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

...Wonder how it compares to the MB and X990...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tell me about it. I saw it, and my heart sank, as there was this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I knew I could not possibly afford anywhere near what it must have sold for. Ken doesn`t mess around - he`d have probably just laughed at anythig I could have afforded to offer....

That is the ultamit HID enthusiast`s collector light (OK maybe the similar one PK has with the LEDs in the head too is the absolute ultamit). There has to be only 3 of those in the whole world, and a few tens of thousands of dollars worth of research and materials combined. Whoever did get it, you lucky barsteward! I`m so jealous....

....and still saving for that Maxabeam.....

(actually my credit card company raised my limit recently so in theory I could buy one tomorrow, but I`d be paying for it for years!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
FC. said:
Look at what was for sale just few weeks ago. SOB!!!! I MISSED IT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

F**K!!! I missed that too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Isn't that the light that needs 20 CR123A cells?
That would cost $280 a feeding if I had to buy the batteries locally! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i instantly found the humor in it. sf must have been fuming over that sale, a prototype none the less. LMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

i'm glad ken could stick it to them with the way they treated him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
lucky!

i think dd was just kidding though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
i instantly found the humor in it. sf must have been fuming over that sale, a prototype none the less. LMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

i'm glad ken could stick it to them with the way they treated him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

TKL,

I know the color of my wife's UW today but hopefully the rest of the world doesn't. Seems to me that you are alluding to some laundry of a different type that is likely not known or seen by us public. The implications are certainly harsh and perhaps you are privy to more than hearsay. I know I am not up to speed on whatever it is you are referring to but I would be surprised if it is common knowledge with both side's positions stated for the record.

To be perfectly clear, I am not asking for the "dirt" here either. If you feel compelled to make the statement you made as I am sure you were, so be it. I frankly think it was uncalled for and not in the best interest of the forum or some of its members. Just my opinion...

There is a coin between us and I see tails and you see heads. Were we to describe this coin to another, we would disagree on what we saw unless we could view both sides clearly.

That proto type beast is certainly a collector's item and I hope it is appreciated for what it is and how it came about in its new home.

- Don

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
don with all due respect, i would expect nothing less from somebody so close to surefire. like al, you put a positive spin on anything sf.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd have to agree. The situation between K.G. and SF isn't necessarily for public consumption.

--dan

McGizmo

Flashaholic
tkl,

I try to put a positive spin on anything I can. If I can't say something positive or maybe more importantly, constructive, I try to keep it to myself. I certainly do not think SF can only do right nor do I concur with their full choice of flashlight offerings. I would like to see other units that are not being offered and have no use for much of what is. I am just one consumer with my own priorities and as I have said before, I wouldn't know tactical if it hit me in the A$$. They make their decisions based on information I am not privy to and I can only hope that stuff I would like to see is in keeping with the directions they are taking.

I have found myself coming to their defense numerous times here in the forum and I probably shouldn't. They can fight their own battles and if I get tired of seeing sh$t that I find inflammatory and of no "positive" or useful value, I can always stay away.

I envy the clarity with which you see the world and it must be great to be comfortable passing judgment on the likes of SF and all the residents of CA and a few other's. I am much less certain than you.

I feel I was sucked in once again here and it's getting old for all of us. I certainly have better things to do with my time and shouldn't waste others time as well.

You mentioned respect that I am due. Well I don't claim to have earned any nor do I ask for any for myself. Don't waste any on me. It seems you are possibly short on supply of respect so spend it wisely.

- Don

PS. I don't expect the final word on this but this is my final words on this. I have been off topic too much already here. I am comfortable judging inanimate objects like flashlights and sometimes feel qualified to do so. Ultimately, they are just parts and pieces and tools and they have no feelings. However, those who create such parts do have feelings and can be very sensitive to comments when they approach their work with passion and treat it as art. Objective critique is one thing.

Skyline

Enlightened
McGizmo,

Very well said. Certain non-constructive comments (jabs?) have begun to appear and it's really not necessary or welcome.

Thanks.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr.Gizmo, you should teach English. It sounds like you write books for a living. If you compare my post to yours....well, I sound like a 3rd grader. I am just impressed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

p.s. I think it is ironic. Other then that, I lack the info to take a side....

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now, if I can get my hands on a E2T or shorty M6 or C2D...... I would take anybody's side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say, whatever happens between Ken Good and Surefire's none of my business. And it shouldn't be of anyone else's business. Let it stay that way...

I've been a critic of SureFire's pricing of the A2. But since owning one, I've come to appreciate and understand its reasons for its costs. I'm not afraid to change my opinion or admit that I'm wrong. Nor am I unwilling to listen to objections or critique of any lights.

I would as soon defend Dat2zip and his modules as I would Mr Bulk's works, or Elektrolumen's products, or McGizmo's creative smithery. I'm no more or less fiercely loyal to these modders as Don or Al is to SureFire, and as they have their reasons to see the benefits and advantages of SF's lights and defend them, anyone else can make the same point about other manufacturers like SL, Pelican or Arc...

As for California, liberals, whatever else it is you'd like to single out... Lack of intolerance isn't up to me or anyone else to show to people who need it. I find it a privilige that living in California made me appreciate the differences between and within people. I'm just glad I wasn't brought up in a world where I see people as being inferior to me...

...Rant over...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.