Saw something unusual on a guy's desk today.... "Is that what I think it is??"

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw something unusual on a guy's desk today.... "Is that what I think it is??"

Today I went with a coworker to talk to a guy in another group. As they were talking, I was absent-mindedly looking over all the stuff piled on a table in the office.

I saw the handle of something sticking up, with a push switch on the end. Something about the shape looks familiar, but I can't quite place it. Hey, is it a flashlight? It's shaped kinda funny.

I lean down for a closer look. It says "SureFire" on the side in the rubber grip.... Is this what I think it is??

I pick it up (carefully!) and turn it over, and see the distinctive dual-bulb array of the head. It's a freakin' 10X Dominator! What the.... ?!?

What is an engineering civil servant doing with 10X in his office? I ask him about it, and apparently they bought a bunch of SureFires for some of the guys in their group. They got some of the smaller models, and he went for the 10X (wouldn't you?? :laughing: )

It was such an unexpected find that it really caught me off guard (and the light looks a lot smaller than it did in photos; I thought maybe it was a scaled down version at first).

When our group bought some new flashlights a year or two back, we got MagLEDs :shakehead Which is fine for throwing in the toolbox, but too big to actually carry to have when you need it.

'Course the 10X is big too but come on, you'd probably find a way to carry that sucker :D

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Saw something unusual on a guy's desk today.... "Is that what I think it is??"

When the company is buying, take what you can get! Quite a find.

ypsifly

Enlightened
Re: Saw something unusual on a guy's desk today.... "Is that what I think it is??"

When the company is buying, take what you can get! Quite a find.

Absolutely!

My work issued me a bicycle to get me from unit to unit over a large campus. Its an old school Pee Wee Herman looking bike with a big basket on the front. If the boss came to me and asked me what kind of light I needed I would push for a Surefire Hellfighter to mount on the handle bars.:crackup:

It'll never happen as they don't give us lights. They issue lights to the engineering and hvac guys....stock minimags...but I can dream.

Retinator

Enlightened

Found the same thing when I got my first Surefire (6PL).

'That's it? $85 for that little thing?' lol

Everything looks bigger online.

MetalZone

Newly Enlightened

^ seriously? pun intended or some real coincidence? XD

Size15's

Flashaholic

Nah - I have both my 10X's on my desk at work... :devil:

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ha! Yeah, different country, but it would've been funny if it really was him!

And I plan to try to be in charge of the next flashlight procurement for my department! :devil: