Question about the Pelican M7

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi, I was browsing Sportmart and came accross the Pelican line of rechargeables. The M7 looks small and cool. 10,000 cp supposedly. Anyone have any experience with the M7 or any pelican products? The light says "pre-focused", is it like a SF beam? Any info on this light would help, I almost bought a couple for the "cool" factor. It's small for a rechargeable.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Surefire M6,

Pelican is pre-focused. Pre-focused as in pencil beam. I have the Sabrelite and it's a pain to twist on because of the o-ring. I took it off but it's no longer waterproof. Really tight beam. Almost too tight for anything but fog/smoke penetration. Very little peripheral light.

Larry1582

Enlightened
I have a M7, M9, and a rechargeable Stealthlite. The M7 is good for plain clothes. It has the tail switch and fits fine in a strectched out leather mini-mag holder. The charging cradle works fine. I use the M7 at the range on the low light and night courses. I have a M9 that I carry on the duty belt. I prefer it over the Polystinger I have. It is heavier and seems more solid. I don't care much for the Stealthlite due to the switch and the fact that it is not as bright as the M9. Never had any problems with any of them though. I like the tight beams for distance.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I bought several Pelican lights over the years including the Stealthlite and the M10. They all eventually ended up in storage because IMO every one of them was outclassed in its category by other manufacturer's lights. For example: the Stealthlite vs the UKE Mini Q40 and the PT Tec 40.

This is not to suggest that they are not solid and well made products; rather that Pelican can probably benefit from rethinking some of their assumptions about how people use lights. For example, the Stealthlite and M10 both have very narrow beams with modest peripheral spread. Perhaps this beam configuration is appropriate for search/rescue/emergency; other CPF'ers would know better than I. But for the vast majority of users those beams are simply not as useful as those produced by other lights.

Brightnorm