The family is away, time for flashlight play

KingGlamis

Banned
The wife and kids are away so I'm home alone. This happens a couple times a year and I turn it into "flashlight time." Which means other than the computer monitor there are no lights on in the house. I use flashlights for every task instead of turning on the house lights. Kind of fun for a flashaholic. Anyone else ever do this?

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do and after all these Global Warming taxes are enforced many people will be using flashlights around the house because they won't be able to afford electricity. Did Al Gore invent the internet? Did your SUV or farting cows cause global warming on mars? Don't worry about it, just think about Michael Jackson and Britany Spears and going green. :shakehead

KingGlamis

Banned
Actually that seems a little weird...

How so? I have a lot of money tied up in my flashlights. Why not use them around the house when the family is gone? I'm saving money by using less electricity and I'm getting more use out of my flashlights.

KingGlamis

Banned
I do and after all these Global Warming taxes are enforced many people will be using flashlights around the house because they won't be able to afford electricity. Did Al Gore invent the internet? Did your SUV or farting cows cause global warming on mars? Don't worry about it, just think about Michael Jackson and Britany Spears and going green. :shakehead

I hear ya brother. But I'll leave it at that so the Mods don't say this thread belongs in the Underground.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually that seems a little weird...

Sounds like someone's not a true flashaholic.:tsk:

I use my lights for illumination rather than house lighting just about every night. Nothing wrong with it at all. I use and enjoy my lights and it probably costs less than turning on the house lights.

It's your place. Go for it. Enjoy your lights. It's like a campout every night!:thumbsup:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use lights around the house when I can too, my army Fulton a lot, any of my high powered lights sort of defeats the purpose "it's like having the lights on:ohgeez:". Out sides a different story full power only:devil:.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Doesn't seem weird to me.

Sounds like perfectly normal Flashaholic behavior.

:cool:

Gotta' perform frequent testing on these lights (and batteries),

to ensure they are "good to go", when called to duty.

:twothumbs

It's a thankless task, isn't it.

:candle:
_

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I had the same opportunity a while ago. Did the same thing for a few days. Only flashlights shined.

Geoff

callmaster

Enlightened
The wife and kids are away so I'm home alone. This happens a couple times a year and I turn it into "flashlight time." Which means other than the computer monitor there are no lights on in the house. I use flashlights for every task instead of turning on the house lights. Kind of fun for a flashaholic. Anyone else ever do this?

Yes, I do it everyday

:twothumbs

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put one light tailstanding in every room, activate strobe. You have a disco party anywhere you go. :party:

Or time to do that light review photography in big open space without your family giggling at you.

strinq

Enlightened
Ah its not weird here then lol.
What about doing it every night instead of just when the family is not around then? I guess that would be real flashaholism then.
Give the same reasons posted here to the family, get them to understand and accept who you are. So u'll save loads of money on electricity. Do it everyday!
:D

I can't cuz i'm not a true flashaholic yet... :(

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
*no sarcasm intended. I fully respect anyone who is truly dedicated to his/her hobby. It's just I'm not that dedicated...

Don't worry. You joined 2 months ago, and already have 200+ posts?? you'll get to uber flashaholic* status very very soon. :popcorn: