It's time for me to get an P7 or MC-E flashlight.

Spypro

Enlightened
Hi !

Last night my friends and I made a campfire. Like always I brought a lot of light with me (D10, L4, P3D, Solarforce L2 with DX sku.11836 R2 drop-in, PrincetonTec Quad, M@g85 and my Power on board HID). Yeah, that's a lot of light.

So... one of my friend got an MTE P7 and I played a lot with it all the night and now I really want a P7 or MC-E flashlight !

What impressed me the most: output and flood. The beam was large, the spill was bright and the throw was correct. I know that the MTE is nowhere near 900 lumens but the output was great.

So here some requirements:
flood beam with bright spill
not too big (MTE is smaller than I thought)
a lot-o-lumens
regulated

I took a look at the MG PLI, Dereelight CL1H V4 with MC-E, and RX-1. Those Solarforce L950m or L1000 are out of the questions because they way too big.

I couldn't find lumens rating for the Dereelight :(

So what are my options for a P7 or MC-E flashlight that meets my requirements ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

HKJ

Flashaholic
One of my favorite MC-E lights is the OLight M30 on 2x18500 batteries, but if you want 18650 batteries, check the EagleTac M2C4.

Another, cheaper option is the Epsilon ED-P71, it uses one 18650 battery.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
MG PLI. Compact, affordable, single 18650, nice beam profile, low/med/high (no SOS/Strobe) and candle mode.

Spypro

Enlightened
Thank you all for your answers !

The Pilot Whale looks like an incredible light but it is too expensive.
I'm more looking at ~100$ lights.

The Epsilon looks great but the beam do not seem to be floody :(
And I'm looking for something portable or semi-portable.

Anyone know how much lumens the MC-E for the the Dereelight CL1H V4 is putting ?

Other suggestions ?

Thanks !