BP60L vs P60L

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
WARNING: Do not use P60L LED/reflector assembly with a Dedicated Forend incandescent bezel. Performance will be degraded and will void warranty. Instead, use BP60L conversion kit.

The BP60L is a standard P60L module sold with a bezel designed for LED modules.

The standard bezel has less than desired performance when matched with the P60L. Not sure how, but it doesn't seem to be a match.

The bezel sold with the BP60L is the Z44-BK. One difference is it uses a pyrex lens, whereas the lens on the stock 618FA is lexan.

The Z44-BK used to be sold online for about 25 bucks. Pair that with a P60L and you would save a few dollars. I haven't been able to find one but they do appear in the MP every now and then. You might try to put a "Want to Buy" thread on it and see if you have an offers.

However, to answer your question. The BP60L is a standard P60L sold with a Z44-BK bezel. No increased performance, just no lost performance.

The non-HA lights (6 and Z series) used the Z44-BK bezel. The HA lights (C and M series) used the Z44-HA bezel.

Last edited:

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The BP60L is a standard P60L module sold with a bezel designed for LED modules.

The standard bezel has less than desired performance when matched with the P60L. Not sure how, but it doesn't seem to be a match.

The bezel sold with the BP60L is the Z44-BK. One difference is it uses a pyrex lens, whereas the lens on the stock 618FA is lexan.

The Z44-BK used to be sold online for about 25 bucks. Pair that with a P60L and you would save a few dollars. I haven't been able to find one but they do appear in the MP every now and then. You might try to put a "Want to Buy" thread on it and see if you have an offers.

However, to answer your question. The BP60L is a standard P60L sold with a Z44-BK bezel. No increased performance, just no lost performance.

The non-HA lights (6 and Z series) used the Z44-BK bezel. The HA lights (C and M series) used the Z44-HA bezel.

Sweet thanks for the info...on the search for a Z44-BK

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got the 618, definitely sub par performance.

The module sits almost an inch back from the lens. I was expecting something a little brighter. From the pictures I've seen of the 618LF, the module sits almost flush with the front lens.

Z44 is en route :)

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got the 618, definitely sub par performance.

The module sits almost an inch back from the lens. I was expecting something a little brighter. From the pictures I've seen of the 618LF, the module sits almost flush with the front lens.

Z44 is en route :)

Glad you found one.

So I don't understand what you said but I'm guessing you put a P60L in the stock bezel?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you found one.

So I don't understand what you said but I'm guessing you put a P60L in the stock bezel?

The person I bought it from put a P60L in a dedicated foreend. When I did a quick search I noticed Surefire stated it would decrease performace and void warranty. I understand the degraded performance part now :)

Its a bit brighter than my LOD CE on max. (50lm)

cburris72

Newly Enlightened
I have a surefire weapon light on my 870 shotgun. It had the candescent bulb. I just switched it out with the BP60L. So far I have been super impressed. That's what I love about surefire, they have tons of upgrades out there. Although the candescent bulb is tight, LED just plain rocks the house.