Is Inova that slammed?

MilitaryPower

Newly Enlightened
I had an Inova T4 and XO that stopped working, so I contacted Inova and was told to send them in for a warranty replacement. They received the lights on May 12th. I have contacted them several times to check on the status of the lights and the replies are that basically they are busy trying to get lights out as fast as they can and my replacements will be shipped out soon. The last email I got about that was on June 16th. Is it even possible that they are so busy that it should take over two months to send two replacement flashlights?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Well, you're doing better than i am . . . .

I contacted Inova (email) 21 months ago (!),

and have still never received their reply.

:whistle:

Good Luck with getting your problem(s) resolved.

_

Illum

Flashaholic
Inova has long had a reputation of good lights, lights with superb build but the performance has always been subpar. Even so over the years it has gotten quite an attention from the forum.

I dunno what they're planning now...but they don't seem to care on the customer service standpoint as compared to what they used to be 3 years ago,:thumbsdow either that or they've cut out most of the staff due to the economy:shrug:

MilitaryPower

Newly Enlightened
Well, the today's reply to the email I sent yesterday said that they should be shipped by the end of this week. We shall see.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
so much for that :)

customer care is perfect with Inova.
Last year they sent me a tail cap for free, when I asked if I could purchase the one I have lost.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
so much for that :)

customer care is perfect with Inova.
Last year they sent me a tail cap for free, when I asked if I could purchase the one I have lost.

Wouldn't say it's perfect going by this thread. But you're in Europe? I'm impressed that they answered you at all. Emailed Surefire twice a couple of years back about a G2L(IIRC it was about an early model that didn't have the aluhead), didn't hear a peep. Apparently the CS is A LOT better if you're in the states.

rider

Newly Enlightened
A few years ago I purchased a T3 with a poorly molded collimator. Inova shipped me a brand new boxed unit the same day they received my defective one. The one other time I sent a light to Inova for replacement, they turned it around in under a week. In the past, Inova has had serious backorders on lights that are being used to fulfill a military or police unit contract, so it's possible that's the issue with getting you a replacement T4.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had it where it took me 1-2 months to get my older T4 back to me and another where i sent one of my inforce models in and they sent me it right back in a few days plus a free X5. Edit I say wait it out i have never had a problem reaching them.

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's odd to hear all these conflicting reports about Inova. Personally I have emailed them with questions regarding their products 5-6 times and never once received a reply. Not even so much as an autoresponse that lets me know they will ignore my email in the order it was received.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
id say theve got some ? in control of there emails, best to phone

sorry get it alot !

Last edited:

mbiraman

Newly Enlightened
It's odd to hear all these conflicting reports about Inova. Personally I have emailed them with questions regarding their products 5-6 times and never once received a reply. Not even so much as an autoresponse that lets me know they will ignore my email in the order it was received.

These are not conflicting reports , these are separate personal experiences and it looks like in some cases Inova is dropping the ball, something that will only hurt them in the end.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you're doing better than i am . . . .

I contacted Inova (email) 21 months ago (!),

and have still never received their reply.

:whistle:

Good Luck with getting your problem(s) resolved.

_

Don't waste your time with Email, you can speak to a very nice lady on the phone and you can normally get through during business hours. They do take a long time for warranty, but after a few months you will get your light back.:thumbsup:

-Bobby

beegee377

Newly Enlightened
i'm in australia :thumbsup: and sent a 2006 T4 back to inova to replaced by a 2008 T4 and that took 4 months of email's to finally get it

and then another 3 months of emails and ringing the customer service lady and sending photo's to inform her she keeps sending me the USA charger.

well after she got the photo's of the USA charger and she kept telling me i have an australian charger, i gave up and just use an adapter to charge it
:clap:
so good luck, the torch is great but the customer service is a flat battery refusing charge :eek: :confused: :confused:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isnt the accepted course of action with manufacturors to call them?

i thought people generally said not to bother emailing surefire..for example

Crenshaw

Retinator

Enlightened
Funny, anytime I emailed them they responded.

Never had a problem with their CS. I do know fewer places n my area are carrying them. Such places have opted for the cheapest crap out there :(

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
They contract lights to so many militaries around the world that consumers must often seem like a minor irritant. Having said that, there are lots of examples of good service to consumers who have managed to get their attention.