170 gr. with battery
SF E-series compatible

EB4-19.jpg

EB4-23.jpg

Last edited:

saltytri

Enlightened
Re: Brass and stainless steel

Zer gut! Your light is very beautiful. Is the brass coated to prevent corrosion?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I would enjoy having one of those! Must heatsink like a dream. Would you ever make an 18650 tube for it and double the runtime? That would be perfect.

Energie

Enlightened

Is the brass coated to prevent corrosion?

The brass is not coated, because it is quite resistant. Some metal parts of old ships were made of brass. After some time it will be a bit darker, because of the patina. I like this look, reminds me of old technical instruments.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brass patinas more beautifully than most metals.

THe only thing I don't like about it is having the clip on the tailcap just because like the novatac/HDS it rubs against the body when you rotate the tailcap to remove. Not a huge thing by any stretch.

All in all a great light.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Beautiful work! I agree about the clip but it doesn't look like the tailcap would be needed to be removed often anyways. I like. :thumbsup:

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard that the patina can be brought on by "fuming" the brass in a closed container suspended over an open bowl of ammonia.
I wonder what Windex would do to brass. I think I'll test that on the door hardware.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beautiful light Energie :thumbsup:

THe only thing I don't like about it is having the clip on the tailcap just because like the novatac/HDS it rubs against the body when you rotate the tailcap to remove.
This shouldn´t matter with this particular light since tailcap has a clicky switch and the battery is inserted from the front end of the body. But I´m with you in general.

Eric