After market MiniMag reflectors. Anyone make one?

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone [including Mag] make a quality stippled finish reflector for the MiniMag? With the millions of Minimags in existance it seems that this would be a viable product. It would certainly be more useful IMHO than some of the aftermarket Minimag accessories that I do see offered.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am pretty sure that Carley makes reflectors for standard mags, not sure about a mini mag.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carley makes no reflectors that fit into any size mag on a stock basis.

The 2" Carley reflectors will fit into a Mag C or D if the ream hole is bored out to 11/16" or 3/4".

The 1" reflectors won't fit into a minimag.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be a good product. In the mean time, I think using a diffuser such as a piece of WriteRight film is the next best thing.

Come to think of it, almost all of the focusable flashlights I've seen have a smooth reflector. Are there any common focusable textured reflector flashlights (maybe the Scorpion)?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Scorpion is focusable and textured but the reflector won't fit the mini-mag.
Getting it out at all involves removing the press-fit lens.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lurker said:
Come to think of it, almost all of the focusable flashlights I've seen have a smooth reflector. Are there any common focusable textured reflector flashlights (maybe the Scorpion)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brinkmann Legend LX, Streamlight Scorpion, Pelican M6 and Princeton Tec Surge are all focusable with textured reflectors.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone want to try the treatment folks like flashlightlense did to the tigerlight la.
i now have more minimag reflecters than i will ever use.
so even if you mess up a few trying its no loss.
anyone game?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: After market MiniMag reflectors. Anyone make o

And unfortunately, I think the 0.75" Carley is too small.

Wilkey

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

i am going to save a dozen or so for replacements and turn these loose to whoever needs them.maybe swap the lot for something i can use.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Ahh, yes. Snake was the winner of all of Mr. Bulk's spare/leftover maglight parts... Looks like he has a *few* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif reflectors to spare...

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm..., so far it looks like the answer to the original question is no. I guess that I would have to agree with those that gripe about Maglights lack of innovation in recent years. This improvement seems like a "no-brainer" considering how awful the beam is with a stock MM reflector.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

McFlood,
dat2zip has CNC machined McFlood reflectors that fit in the minimag, it gives a nice smooth flood beam. Have one in my BB400 Q3L and it is great.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use a SF holographic beam shaper filter on my MM. I can go to tight beam just by pulling off the filter, not the head.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also, Lambda's technique of "spattering" Mag reflectors with clear Krylon is an option.
Search this forum with the words: spatter, Krylon.

On second thought, it might have been "sputtering".

Otokoyama

Enlightened

I just posted The Quest Ends. If there's interest, it would be possible to create (many?) more of these. The focusing feature could be removed in Mag-based mods such as the Space Needle.