Oh No, i'm Naked...

AusKipper

Enlightened
Soo, last night I was out in the sticks, using my EDC (Fenix TK10) and the battery died, no problem, I had some other torches with me.

So anyway, when i got home i put the batteries on the charger, came to work today.. NO EDC!!!, I still have my other EDC's (LD01 SS and Zebra H501) but not my TK10.

It totally insane i know, but i feel like driving all the way home just to get it, even though is broad daylight, and still packing way more "torch" than what a normal person would!!

Oh well, i'll survive. I really cant justify spending $$ on fuel and 1/2 an hour just to go get something theres a 99.99% chance i wont have any need for.

On another note, last night i did find my TK40 on Turbo is quite effective at stopping a dog running towards you dead in its tracks!! (yes, i know it wouldnt stop an aggressive determined dog.. but it stopped this one!!)

Turns out it was a friendly dog and after checking it out and realising it was just a young labrador looking thing checking out what I was doing walking past his(her) masters house I called it over and gave it a pat.

end of story... :p

jgraham15

Enlightened
I forgot my EDC at home the other day at it drove me nuts all day at work! Now I make damn sure I have it with me before I walk out the door. Oh and I also had other flashlights at work but no matter how good they are they just aren't "THAT" flashlight.

You know your a flashlight freak when ................... :crazy:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
On another note, last night i did find my TK40 on Turbo is quite effective at stopping a dog running towards you dead in its tracks!! (yes, i know it wouldnt stop an aggressive determined dog.. but it stopped this one!!)

Turns out it was a friendly dog and after checking it out and realising it was just a young labrador looking thing checking out what I was doing walking past his(her) masters house I called it over and gave it a pat.

end of story... :p
Same thing happened to me the other night. My 6P/M60 made the dog turn around (twice) and this dog did look pretty determined. The dog just turned away and walked off!!

James.....

AusKipper

Enlightened
Same thing happened to me the other night. My 6P/M60 made the dog turn around (twice) and this dog did look pretty determined. The dog just turned away and walked off!!

James.....

Yeah, I have had lots of other dog experiences with just my EDC, which puts out significantly less "lux" (what you want when your blinding things) for the same distance as my TK40.

I find the results vary a lot. Some dogs will stop and re-assess what they are doing. Some will run, some will slow down their advance and some will just lower their heads but keep advancing at the same pace.

I find most sit between stopping and slowing their advance.

Fortunately never been faced with an aggressive dog that had its heart set on mauling me yet, but i'm 90% sure my TK10 would be next to useless then.

TK40 may be of help cos it has a bit of mass to it, and its that bit brighter, but i'll never know till it happens, and I dont plan on that happening anytime soon!!

righty

Newly Enlightened
I pack 4 lights everywhere. I have left the house without my wallet before, but I NEVER leave without my lights.

I could not take it :)

Coop57

Enlightened
I cut grass all day long. What are the odds that I will need a flashlight? Pretty frickin slim. I still can't leave the house without one or two 60+ lum torches. Normal or OCD? You tell me.

burntoshine

Enlightened
always have my D10 clipped in my pocket, spare eneloop in battery carrier in pocket. L0D on keychain. i need both, otherwise i feel naked as well.

when i go out of town, my backpack is LOADED with lights and way too many batteries and three chargers.

i need to get that energizer solar charger for my AAs; put that thing on my belt.

:thumbsup:

Bushman5

Enlightened
- Jetbeam M1X + SF G2Z-L tan Nitrolon + SF L2 in the EDC bag, plus a SF E1L in the pocket.

OCD indeed! :D