What can I do now with the Inova X1's?

cyberspyder

Enlightened
dsc073905744741.jpg

dsc073916736981.jpg

The stock LEDs are fairly blue, so I stuck a piece of yellow tracing/drafting paper in front of the lens and that made it much, much better at the expense of throw. Should I...

-Stick a Nichia CS in there?
-Stick a Nichia DS in there?
-Stick a Nichia GS in there?
-Stick a Cree/Seoul in there?

Hmmmm, choices :poke:

Brendan :D

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that big brass looking plug the heatsink? if so, I would say an R2 XP-E is in your future... You're correct about the stock lights appearing blue. Probably the only reason I've never purchased an Inova.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use a hand picked Nichia DS. Look for an LED that has a uniform beam by testing them with a battery against a white wall.

I used a Nichia GS, and the beam looked a little uneven. It was bright, though!

If you want to try to get a CREE behind the optic, that would be interesting. :thumbsup:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Should I...

-Stick a Nichia CS in there?
-Stick a Nichia DS in there?
-Stick a Nichia GS in there?
-Stick a Cree/Seoul in there?

Hmmmm, choices :poke:

Brendan :D
What's the stock current to the LED? I'm with JG on slapping a P4 or the like in there (maybe tweaking the current for optimum performance while you're at it).

cyberspyder

Enlightened
Is that big brass looking plug the heatsink? if so, I would say an R2 XP-E is in your future... You're correct about the stock lights appearing blue. Probably the only reason I've never purchased an Inova.

It's not a heatsink because it's more of a 'cup'/spacer for the LED so the optic can focus it, BUT it is brass and decently heavy so I think I *can* use it as a heatsink.

greenLED

Flashaholic
It's not a heatsink because it's more of a 'cup'/spacer for the LED so the optic can focus it, BUT it is brass and decently heavy so I think I *can* use it as a heatsink.
As long as there is a flat surface where the R2 can rest, you should be OK

beyondinferno

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the forum and flashlight moding. I managed to break the board in my x1 taking it apart and was wondering if i could just mod it for a high output AA board and LED? Any recomendations? Walkthroughs?