Wishful thinking for the year to come

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I was re-thinking my current flashlight needs, which my collection fills in nicely, but still, there is always a little more we want from our lights. I'd like to share my thought and know what you all wish for in the very close future. Forget about technology that will be available no one knows when with a light that can bring daylight and flood to the woods like the mid-day sun. I'm thinking about what I'd like to see next year or even with the current technology right now.

Everyone has different uses (sometimes more than one) for their lights, so please specify what you'd use it for, battery type / quantity, interface, accessories etc…

Here's my list:

Work light:
1 or 2 X AA battery
Regular Fenix and Quark lights work well and the size is great, but I'd like to get a little more light:
Around 300 lumen with at least 5 different settings from 0.2 lumen up (I often have to walk into dark rooms) and over 2 hours usage time for a 100 to 180+ lumen setting.
Fenix / Quark interface fits my needs, but I have a feeling I'll be more comfortable with the Quark tactical interface for work purposes (in the mail for now).

Work / Back-up Light: AAA battery
Something similar to a Fenix L0D, but just more power for the same run-time. A warm LED edition would be welcome.

Hiking:
2XAA battery
Warm LED
Fenix / Quark interface
0.2 lumen to 300++ lumen
PD20 or QAA^2 sized that fits on a Fenix Headband
Removable diffuser lens (grit-blasted style, not textured) and colored lens (green and red), even a combo of the two.

Hiking / Prospection:
Tightly focusable light to see far ahead without losing night vision (Mag-Style) as well as wide flood for dangerous paths
2XAA battery
Warm LED
TK 40 – like interface with last setting memory
0.2 lumen to 300++ lumen
Average palm-sized like a PD20 to a TK11
Throws to 300 feet++ or floods to 160 degrees

Hiking / Emergency / Bear repellent:
2XAA batteries or 2X CR123
TK 20 and TK 11R2 are fine, but I would buy a new one similar to this for more lumens and throw
500 -1000 lumen+ with a 45-180 lumen general mode
throw over 300 meters would be great!

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Well, I sure wish for the Ti Quarks to come back again at the same price. lol. Other than that,Im still adding to my small collection of lights and Im pleased with whats available right now .

I guess offerings will only get better as new things come out .