Wolf Eyes Explorer MC-E Tactical Strobe Question

n9zez

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I just got my MC-E Explorer Tactical in the mail from Mike @ PTS. WA to IN in 2 days via post office is amazing!

I got this flashlight to replace my Sniper Q5 Tactical (100%/Strobe) that I have been carrying for nearly 2 years on my duty belt.

First off, the flashlight is crazy bright! I kind of figured it would be so I got the one that has the hidden mode (5 clicks in) so that I could have Med/Low settings as well. The first two clicks are 100%/Strobe.

Here is the problem/question. I used the strobe feature on the Sniper quite often for searching houses as I find it to be disorienting and makes it harder for the perp to place directly where I am. The strobe on the sniper is very quick and disorienting but the strobe on the new explorer is very slow (like a turn signal). Is this normal or is it defective. And if it's normal, why?

GreySave

Enlightened
Interesting. Mike had a few P7 heads laying around and I thus ordered a P7 Sniper with the Civilian version Hidden strobe). The strobe on mine is somewhat slow. Not what I would call turn signal slow, but not what I am used to seeing. I wonder if they had to slow the strobes down a bit with the higher powered LED?

For me it is not an issue, as I think the light is bright enough to do its job anyway, but in your case.....

Mike at PTS is EXCELLENT to work with. Give him a call. I'm sure he'll work with you to a resolution.

n9zez

Newly Enlightened
I agree, Mike is excellent to work with but does get rather busy. I put a call in yesterday and left a message. I was just trying to get user responses in the meantime.

shelly920

Banned
I agree, Mike is excellent to work with but does get rather busy. I put a call in yesterday and left a message. I was just trying to get user responses in the meantime.
me too

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's unfortunate but my P7 sniper also has exactly what you describe... a turn signal blinker, not a true tactical strobe. I'd say it's 6-8hz, which is too slow to be effective for the purpose you intend to use it for.

IMHO the problem is mis information floating around out there. There's the belief that 8hz is some mystical, brain cycle number and quite a few flashlight manufacturers have bought into it without doing proper research. I've heard the 8hz myth from all sorts of places, it's been out there awhile from crackpot martial arts vendors. However no one has ever been able to point me to a peer reviewed scientific study which proves it to be more effective than 12-15hz. I'd be very happy to read it if someone does in fact have this information. :p

n9zez

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I am not sure what hz my sniper is but it is way more effective IMO. I would rather have my MC-E duplicate my sniper than be a turn signal.

n9zez

Newly Enlightened
Update

Mike called me back today. I need to order the special tactical which has a 8-10hz strobe instead of the turn signal. He said it should be just like my sniper.

Just an fyi because it isn't specified on the site. But in the end, Mike is taking care of me as usual.

KEW

Newly Enlightened
Mike is a great guy to work with and usually has all the answers when you get a hold of him. I too carry the P7 on duty, I have the Sniper and the M90 Rattlesnake. Great lights for the money.