Is the M1X suitable for carry?

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Calling All Jetbeam M1X Owners!!!
Is the head of the M1X really as big as it looks in pictures? I'm looking to possibly carry one on my duty belt in the 3 cell configuration instead of my EagleTac T20c2. I understand it's bigger, but is it unruly on the hip? Any input from owners or members with "trigger time" would be greatly appreciated.
-OC

Tiantang78

Newly Enlightened
I dont have a belt or holster for mine but the head is bigger than any of the other torches i have...its also longer than usual if you are going to use the extender ... it may be a little awkward to carry ... it sure is a nice light though ... i love it but then again i dont need to carry it around with me for my work :)

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Few years ago people carried 3-pounds, 80 lumens incan maglites and nobody complained about its portability. Now we have superbright and lightweight led torches, if this is not suitable for carry, I don't know what is.

You could always use a backpack... or diy a carabiner attachment..

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very well put lol.

But I guess people just want more comfortable options these days with the increases in technology.

For example you can carry a TK11 which is alot better than a bulky mag.

But then the M1x gives you increased throw etc, which may way even up the odds :)

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Thanks for the 411 guys, really appreciate the input. Gilly and Richard, I never though of it that way (Mag comparison), I guess I've been spoiled by the modern lithium cells and LEDs. I may pick one up, We'll see. I really wish JetBeam would make an M30 sized MC-E torch, that would be ideal. I've been looking at the M30 also, but from what I have read the runtime is significantly less on 3xRCR123 cells.
The hunt continues....

gilly

Enlightened
You could also run it on 2 x 18500 or just suffer with the extension tube for the 2 x 18650s...

Good luck!

guardpost3

Enlightened
the M1X is certainly suitable for carry, I work nights and carry my M1X on my rounds. I have yet to find a holster for it (still looking) but it is lightweight and the head really isn't too big. I run it on two 18500s and I just stick it in my back pocket, or in my jacket if im wearing one. the only time it gets in the way is when im checking outbuildings off campus getting in and out of the truck a bunch but that should be fine once I find a holster for it.

Last edited:

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
GuardPost3, I would recommend the NiteIze holster, check Google, very cheap, but quality. It expands and has an open bottom so any size light (almost) fits. All of my lithium cell lights (123 or similar size) are held very securely, even if I have to run after some knucklehead.

guardpost3

Enlightened
GuardPost3, I would recommend the NiteIze holster, check Google, very cheap, but quality. It expands and has an open bottom so any size light (almost) fits. All of my lithium cell lights (123 or similar size) are held very securely, even if I have to run after some knucklehead.

Thanks! I just placed an order for one, looks like just what I need.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Nice GP3! Don't let the price tag fool you, this is actually a very high quality product from my own testing. I've been using mine for months now, it actually works pretty well with an expandable baton and OC cans as well. Let me know how this setup works with your M1X. Watch your 6.