my problems with the surefire LX2

.:R32driver

Newly Enlightened
let me start by saying i own many surefire lights, and love them all. i even love my new LX2, although i have had many problems. i bought my LX2 on aug 21, new at gun world in burbank. i had to look at all the lights they had in stock to find one without beam blems or dust or smudges UNDER the lens. ok, found one, bought it, used it 3 days and the clip snapped where it meets the body. surefires great service sent me a new one right away. 3 days later, the tail cap began to malfunction. the press 2 way was working, but the twist 2 way would only trigger the low setting. it somehow fixed itself, and continued to work until a week and a half ago. once again surefire sent me out a new tail cap assembly right away. the next day i broke the clip again in the same place! this is an EDC for me. i am a film maker, and wear and use my light 14 hours a day. i love this light, but it seems a bit under engineered? i ordered a new E2L outdoorsman clip, hoping it would be stronger. i prefer the bezel down but what to do? anyone else having so many problems with such a new light, and supposedly one of surefires most advanced? i still love the 200 lumens! i use it with an A04 diffuser. perfect for on set use.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
With regards to the tailcap, it may of been that the threads needed cleaning and/or re-lubing.

A few people have had issues with the clip breaking, but using a clip from the E2L like you suggested is a good way around it.

I personally prefer bezel up, so that the head doesn't get covered in lint/dust.

:thumbsup:

Newly Enlightened
i tried lube, cleaning, deoxit, etc. nothing worked. i took the tail cap apart as much as i could, but i couldnt figure out how to remove the piece from inside the cap. i thought about just making it high only.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Anybody know if the tailcap internals have been changed compared to the previous L1/L2 tailcap (besides a different resistor value maybe)? The L1/L2 tailcaps have turned out to be very reliable and I'm curious if any changes have been made. For those folks with both old & new versions, do they look any different inside?

Newly Enlightened
IMG_0769.JPG