Looking for a keychain flashlight and car flashlight.

belomeclone

Enlightened
I'll start off with this forum looks great. I love flashlights of all kinds and love to have lights with me at all times. I carry one of those 10 dollars 21-LED Extreme Beams in my car, and use my cell phone's Flash for a handheld flashlight (have a really cheap keychain light.)

I started looking for new ones for two reasons. 1. I am looking/praying to get the Touch Pro II, which lacks a flash. That'd leave me like one of those blind moles. 2. The Extreme Beam has a very touchy power button, which makes it difficult to carry in the car without being on the whole time (just a press-on mechanic, no switch. Drains the battery in one day.)

Both of them I want to be bright. Of course, that custom Draco flashlight is way out of my price range at 130 dollars. I figure 30-40 is a good range, but cheaper the better. I was originally looking at those Photon lights, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

As for the handheld car light, while eventually I'd like to carry two, right now I'm looking for one that fits in my console between the driver and passenger seats. The current one measures in at 3 inches long by not even an inch wide.

And yes, the cheaper the better. And of course, any ideas for the third flashlight are nice. I assume the bigger the flashlight, the cheaper it is (for the same brightness)?

Thanks for all your help!! I know it's a ton of questions all at once!! Like I said it looks like a great forum! And if anyone out there HAS a Touch Pro II... I am insanely jealous.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
hmm.. cheap and easy to use and small..

plenty threads can be found here asking for cheap and decent lights.

search some threads here in cpf to get more options.

and then maybe go to shiningbeam.com.. and get yourself these two.. they are the current favorites (mine atleast, of the under 25 dollar range):

romisen rc-N3
(pick one out of regular 1-mode, the upgraded 2-mode or the warm tint 1mode version) it works either with one CR123 battery if needs to be short and tiny. or you can screw in the extension that makes it a 2AA light.

keeping that 2AA tube in glovebox or something makes it a versatile light to keep in car. the cr123 lithium battery for general use and if it runs down you can still rather easily find AA batteries pretty much in every store.

then second one for keychain use or something:

ITP EOS
tiny AAA light that has a twist on switch. there is 2 versions to pick from.. one with just one mode (high). other version has three modes. (i would advice getting the 3 mode as the medium output that it starts with when turned on is plenty for most tasks.. and gives decent runtime too.. about 3 hours)

*i use the itp Stainless version as my keychain light now..
*and the romisen n3 2mode is my around the house/taking the trash out light. and it might go to glove box later when winter comes.

and trust me.. they both will be brighter than most people will expect them to be.

DigMe

Enlightened
romisen rc-N3
(pick one out of regular 1-mode, the upgraded 2-mode or the warm tint 1mode version) it works either with one CR123 battery if needs to be short and tiny. or you can screw in the extension that makes it a 2AA light.

keeping that 2AA tube in glovebox or something makes it a versatile light to keep in car. the cr123 lithium battery for general use and if it runs down you can still rather easily find AA batteries pretty much in every store.

then second one for keychain use or something:

ITP EOS
tiny AAA light that has a twist on switch. there is 2 versions to pick from.. one with just one mode (high). other version has three modes. (i would advice getting the 3 mode as the medium output that it starts with when turned on is plenty for most tasks.. and gives decent runtime too.. about 3 hours)

What he said. Go with the 2-mode Romisen. Lower mode for tasks to preserve battery power and high mode for whatever you might need it for.

brad