SSC P4 still best mod for PT Apex?

jthurd

Newly Enlightened
I read the threads on this upgrade, and would like to give it a try. The threads are > a year old, is the SSC P4 still the best mod for my Apex?
Thanks!

P220C

Newly Enlightened
I sure hope so, because I'm about to order one.

EDIT: About to order a P4 to stick into my two-year old PT Apex Pro

afraidofdark

Enlightened
I think this is still the way to go with the Apex, and now there are even better bins of SSC P4 to use: I have a U2SVOH from PhotoFanatic waiting to go into my Apex Pro, just have to find the time ...

Sarratt

Enlightened
Every time the ''Apex mod'' thread comes up I swear I will buy a soldering iron and goggles and whatever comes with them.

S

99.9% kidding:eek:

Last edited:

P220C

Newly Enlightened
Well, I was pretty excited. Had the soldering iron heated up. Had everything I needed to complete the operation...

Went to unscrew the cover and it crumbled. Looks like I'm gonna have to get an RMA and have the front ablnd back cover replaced by apex before I undertake this mission (grumble... Cheap plastic grumble.)

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the bright side; your replacement Apex will probably have a Seoul in it already:twothumbs

Mark620

Enlightened
Most replacement APEX lights have 130 lumen Seoul in it - Makes the mod kind of disappointing because it is hard to see the difference.

jthurd

Newly Enlightened
Great! Thanks guys! I will get this ordered next week and have my first go at a light upgrade. The step-by-step instructions (and pictures) on the forum here are clutch. Looking forward to it.

I think this is still the way to go with the Apex, and now there are even better bins of SSC P4 to use: I have a U2SVOH from PhotoFanatic waiting to go into my Apex Pro, just have to find the time ...