G3L problem

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
I just recently ordered a G3L from LAPG with the new surefire holster, anyways I get it in a few days and start messing around with it this morning, I un screwed the head and examined the P60L, and replaced it with my malkoff MCE M60 when I went to reassemble the light the head got stuck I was able to get it unscrewed and get my m60 out and put the p60l back in it and then screwed down tight enough the light will come on but it is obvious the threads are messed up somehow. The head is canted away from the body. Anybody else had this problem, is there anything I can do?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Take the head off and examine the threads.

You'll see a spot or three in them where the threads are cut into. Try to mash things back into spec with you fingernail then go slow and put the head back on, try to do it right. Repeat as needed. When it's on there proper take the head back off and put some thread tape on there and put the head on again, go slow.

That fixed it when I did it once. YRMV based on how bad it is.

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a million literally, I was pretty stumped for ideas, anyways I ran my fingernail up and down the threads and by applying some pressure when I put the head on it was able to get it screwed down all the way, I probably need to work on it some more but it screws down all the way and is on there straight. Once again thanks :twothumbs