It's lego time with my sunlite little monster,I've re-named it "carlsberg"

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well guys it's been raining all day here so I thought I'd play lego with "carlsberg" ;) these lights are so versatile they may as well been made by carlsberg because they probably are the worlds best flashlights IMHO :D

Yet's start with my little "carlsberg" monster pictures speak a thousand words ;)

you can see in this pic it's only 4.5" long but it throws over 600 feet,this is not the worlds best small thrower that comes next ;)

003-52.jpg

here's the carlsberg"probably the smallest furthest throwing flashlight in the world" it throws a beam over 1200 feet and is just about 4" long.

002-60.jpg

A comparison shot for size the tape is set at 4.5" and the silver light is a D-mini you may have heard of that before.

005-33.jpg

Here's why I said Leggo time,now with the bigger head installed

004-39.jpg

or smaller head :D this one is now 3.5" long

006-28.jpg

size of the Carlsberg's power housing takes one CR123 or RCR123.

008-22.jpg

The carlsberg in the hand.
011-11.jpg

010-11.jpg

Change into desk lamp ;)

012-10.jpg

And then into a work light take reflector out for pure flood.

019.jpg

or EDC,a leather Kazu holster with hole so you can use the light without unsheathing.

015-6.jpg

tailstand installed in holster.

016-3.jpg

and finally the carlsberg back in it's holster,ready for the night to fall :D

009-17.jpg

hope you enjoy the pics guy :salute:

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Re: It's lego time with my sunlite little monster,I've re-named it "carlsberg"

Gadzooks! That's impressive! I just took delivery of some Sunlite Sun2 Penlights, and they are also very impressive, and a great bargain at the price.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened

Nice pics....I'll have to get that little Turbo Jr. someday...

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow that looks pretty awesome. It seems like sunlite is an underated company

Crenshaw

Ryanrpm

Enlightened

Wow that looks pretty awesome. It seems like sunlite is an underated company

Crenshaw

Ya think?:poke::grin2:

They are by far my most used lights......and its not just because I own quite a few of them. It's because they are sized practically, they perform superbly, and they are very flexible as Titan is showing us.

My wife uses my Utility 8w just about every day to light up a display she has. My Slim and 8wFP are with me and receive almost as much use. I've got the nice looking Jetbeam M1X and Raptor, but they have their limited uses because of their size and beam profiles..... I mainly use them for Comparison and Showoff purposes. -good products though...

beakman

Newly Enlightened

These Sunlite flashlights are very interesting; I like how all the different heads can be used on the different bodies with different power sources. I've been trying to read all the threads I can find about them, but one thing I'm still not completely sure about is: When you swap a head among the various bodies, particularly the non-rechargeable bodies like the Turbo Jr, TriA, Slim and Slim2 bodies, do you still get the same output level from that head, or does it change because of the power source? For example, if I take the 8WFP head and put it on the Slim body, will it still be putting out 300 lumens? What about on the Turbo Jr body powered by a single CR123A?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give with this question.

beakman

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast

These Sunlite flashlights are very interesting; I like how all the different heads can be used on the different bodies with different power sources. I've been trying to read all the threads I can find about them, but one thing I'm still not completely sure about is: When you swap a head among the various bodies, particularly the non-rechargeable bodies like the Turbo Jr, TriA, Slim and Slim2 bodies, do you still get the same output level from that head, or does it change because of the power source? For example, if I take the 8WFP head and put it on the Slim body, will it still be putting out 300 lumens? What about on the Turbo Jr body powered by a single CR123A?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give with this question.

beakman

Where have you buoght this light?:rolleyes:
Hi beakman the slim housing and 2x CR123 housing are non rechargeable only so a far as I know there would be a drop in output I'm not sure what it is and I've never used the bigger heads with the slim housing myself,maybe Ryan can help with that one,as for the jr 1xCR123 I'm running a AW RCR123 rechargeable and as far I can tell the output seems the same altough due to it's lower capacity compared to the larger bodies the run time will be considerably less as for throw I have used it at the ranges 1200 feet I mentioned.

Interestingly when you use the 8WFP head with the 5200 mAh battery there seems to be a slight increase in output over 300 lumen's remember tho for the long run times it's best to use the larger capacity cells using the jr housing I like the form factor being just under 4" is cool and like I said I don't use primary cells anyway so I can't help you with that one,one thing tho the 16WFP and 8WFP get my friends saying how on earth can that little thing be throwing out so much light :D I hope this is of some help to you :thumbsup:

toby-pra all can be found here, :thumbsup:

http://www.powerledlighting.com/

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice indeed! May I ask where you got that very nice looking tripod?? Thanks!!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for that link! I thought it was expensive from the pic, lol!!