SureFire E2E HOLA

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
What do you folks think of petioning SF to finally produce a HOLA for the E2E? Some like 120-lumens for 20-minutes would be nice.

I've read that the HOLA has been talked about for sometime now, but it's only been talk. With the power of us at CPF, do you think we have any influence in convincing SF to produce such an accessory?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I believe there is not enough room for the P61 bulb to be put in the Exe bezel. Something about the tip of the bulb being too close to the Lens and the reflector being too narrow.

I won't be signing my name. There are far more important things that I feel SureFire should work on.

Perhaps a good place to test CPF opinion would be a poll in the Cafe?

Al

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
That way, all 3 people who read the Cafe could respond
smile.gif

Seriously though, I get the feeling you're right about the bezel being too small for the heat generated by a 100+ lumen lamp. Bummer!

Saaby

Flashaholic
So that's 3 right? Well I don't read the Cafe' I respond to it!

I'll take on--oh wait, I don't have a Surefire yet.

Nevermind--act like this post doesn't exist
wink.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
I would be even more interested in a HOLA for the A2...that way you get long-life and a bit of light from the LEDs and a blaze of whatever when you need it. That more matches what I do.

The HOLA for the E2e doesn't off the option.

Also the regulated HOLA is a really interesting idea.

Cheers,

Richard

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
PK has talked about this before and said that the E2e is too small for a HOLA. He said it would require the bezel to either be made longer or larger in diameter.

IMO doing either of these would increase the size of the E2e and result in another in an already long line of Surefires that can use a P61.

Having said that it would be possible to put a HOLA in a E2e Turbohead.

I like the E2(e) just the way it is.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
An E2E turbo (1 1/4" dia. reflector) with HOLA (P61 without reflector) would be an awesome combo!! Does SureFire sell the P61 bulb without the reflector?

- Don

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Sean:
PK has talked about this before and said that the E2e is too small for a HOLA. He said it would require the bezel to either be made longer or larger in diameter.

IMO doing either of these would increase the size of the E2e and result in another in an already long line of Surefires that can use a P61.

Having said that it would be possible to put a HOLA in a E2e Turbohead.

I like the E2(e) just the way it is.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks Sean. I hadn't realize that PK has already responded to the request. I would not want the size and/or shape of the E2E to be increased to accomodate the HOLA. Like you said, if you don't mind bigger there is already the M2 and G2Z. Oh well, it would be really nice to have a plug-and-play lamp assembly that is high-output to plug into the existing bezel.

E2E turbohead? Now we're talking. I'll take several of those.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

Your thread here prompted me to make an adapter I had considered in the past but after this thought provoking post and looking at a G2Z on my bench, I got motivated to play with an incandescent mod. I started a thread on it HERE

E2E-C2-HOLA-thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Don

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that's something I have considered too, an adapter to allow a C2 HA or M2 bezel w/P61 to be threaded onto an E2(e) body.

It looks like you've done it! I want one too!
grin.gif