best rechargable cells for TLE 300m-ex

Z06Pilot

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a TLE 300m-ex, and it is great, I didn't think you could get throw like that from an LED (compared to my Z2 with Malkoff Q5 head and my Novatac 120p). Anyway, I would like to use some rechargeable cells for it, I am using a 6D mag body. What are my options?

ionizedsky

Enlightened
:welcome:

Yes you can use rechargeables with the TLE 300M-EX module in your 6D-cell configuration. The module will operate most efficiently between 6v-12v. So with that said you can use NiCd, NiMH or Rechargeable Li-ion or Li-ion primary batteries. You will probably find it easier to utilize NiMH rechargeable D-cell as they are more common and obviously require nothing special be done either than charging them and putting them in the light. Li-ion like 2x 18670 ( rated voltage of 7.4v, with a fresh off the charger voltage of like 8.4ish volts) have the benefit of smaller size with greater voltage output if you want to save some weight but on the con side have less capacity at only 2000mah-2600mah depending on manufacture in comparison to something like 9000-12000mah of capacity in the D-cell, not to mention the li-ion would require some additional items (battery sleeves due to their size) to work in the Mag.
There are many other ways to power this module but for the NiMH are probably your best bet for cost effectiveness and ease of use. Good luck, would love to see some beam shots if your able to do so :popcorn:

rty778

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:
There are many other ways to power this module but for the NiMH are probably your best bet for cost effectiveness and ease of use. :popcorn:

I use a TLE-300M in my 6D Maglite which is essentially the same thing (though I just bought a TLE-300m EX upgrade today).

I'd have to agree with everything you said. I used NiMH's with my 6D/TLE-300M for a while but the batteries I can buy local are all 2AA cells in a D cell case so they go flat almost immediately. I currently use AccuEvolution NiMH which are low self discharge but still have 10000mAh they're not cheap but definately worth it. I got them because they were the highest capacity LSD NiMH D cell's I could find.