How about the Malkoff MD3 or MD4 VS the Jetbeam M1X?

Hwy115

Newly Enlightened
My next LED purchase will be one of these 2. Any opinions that you guys can share would be appreciated.
Steve

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Really depends what your looking for. I have the M1X and love it. Highest quality light in my arsenal. Extremely bright and throws very very very far. The good thing about it is that the low mode is completely programmable, so you can even use it around the house without lighting the whole place up. Very versatile. Strobe is out of the way, but the speed of the strobe is also programmable. Don't know much about the Malkoff but its more of a floody beam compared to the M1X which is a thrower. Plus the M1X is about $120 cheaper! You can buy another flashlight with what you save ;)

Last edited:

Hwy115

Newly Enlightened
Wow!
Thats some collection. Can you please tell me the claimed numbers on these units. I see there are different lumens descriptions (torch and such).
Thanks WHT for the info. You have to be able to justify the additional expense if you go with the Malkoff.
Steve

Vesper

Enlightened
Wildcat & M1X seem like different animals. Wildcat has a nice smooth and wide beam sacrificing throw. M1X is definitely built for throw. It's got a magnificent hotspot but less usable light in its wider spread. I personally think the Wildcat would be the more practical and usable light in most situations - it also has high/low but not programmable like M1X. Depends on need though of course. Both are tops.

I would really like to some day see a Wildcat / Legion II beamshot comparison. Those two seem like they have similar large-hotspot beams. I've been itching for both of these lights.

Last edited: