Help with new LED light

FlameOn

Enlightened
Hi alll...right now I have a Streamlight scorpion and Strion...both are bight enough for my apps but I would like to get into LEDs....I want to stay about the same size as the streamlights....I have been looking at the insight and fenix lights but having trouble deciding on one (and any other suggestions are welcome too)....another option is maybe I can just change the heads on my scorpion and strion but I'm not up on modifying them so any help there would be appreciated...TIA

FlameOn

Enlightened
It would help to know what you plan to use it for, what your looking for in the light in terms of output, throw vs flood, price, etc...

Jut something very bright for that size, more flood than throw....price in the 50-70 dollar range...:)

FlameOn

Enlightened
http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_310&products_id=1669

I have this light and my Scorp is no where in the same league. Will allow you to use two 123 or a 17670 rechargeable Li-Ion cell for long run times. The limited edition warm tints allow for better color retention of viewed objects and is closer to an incan's output characteristic.
That looks very cool...not sure I need all those modes....wouldn't mind 2...a low for reading menus and high for blinding muggers....:)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Quart 123^s tactical has two modes, and each one can be programmed by you to a preset output or mode each.

Alberta-Blue

Newly Enlightened
I would tend to agree... After purchasing a Quark 123(2) I would suggest that as well. It seems like it would be a pretty good fit for what your looking for w/o to much change from what your used to.

As far as the multi modes go... There are only 2 available modes, which are user choosen, out of the 8 selections at any one time. One mode is available when the head is tight and the other when the head is loose. I am actually looking forward to testing the versatility of this light when I start my night rotation and re-program it to more night vision friendly usage.:D