flashlight made from a bullet?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone ever see a light made from a bullet?

i think it would be extremely cool :hitit:

has it been done?

anyone want to do a run of 50?

pre pay?

buy 50 eo1s and 50 empty bullets and switch the innards?

keychain bullet light :)

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
There have been some custom home made ones made with shot gun shells but I don't know of any made with rifle casings.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Let's be "ballistically correct" here.

Despite the dumbing-down foisted upon the masses by the blatantly ballistically illiterate mainstream press/TV/Hollywood/academics these days, a "bullet"...

1. Is the lead/copper PROJECTILE launched from a CARTRIDGE...

2. But it is NOT the brass casing which encases the gunpowder, primer, and the unfired bullet/projectile that constitute the entire cartridge.

It may be theoretically possible to fit a small battery and LED/bulb in an empty CASE. However, I see no practical way to fit a flashlight's components into a typical 1/4 -1 inch long pistol or rifle "bullet."

In a bookstore, I once saw an action novel's cover portraying an entire CARTRIDGE being launched from a handgun's barrel. That immediately told me the writers/editors were likely metro-sexuals born/raised in some urban mecca far from the Real World, and/or were technically illiterate ditz-brain drama majors, and/or were in sync with politics grounded in disinformation and feminized emotion. So, I passed.

Ya think a flashlight made from a "bullet" would be cool? And might such a product be subsequently deemed a "cop killer" flashlight by the always technically ill-informed/anti-gun Press?

Political Correctness aside -- gag me, dear children. I'll stick to my little Peak Matterhorn lights.

dandism

Enlightened
Let's be "ballistically correct" here.

Despite the dumbing-down foisted upon the masses by the blatantly ballistically illiterate mainstream press/TV/Hollywood/academics these days, a "bullet"...

1. Is the lead/copper PROJECTILE launched from a CARTRIDGE...

2. But it is NOT the brass casing which encases the gunpowder, primer, and the unfired bullet/projectile that constitute the entire cartridge.

It may be theoretically possible to fit a small battery and LED/bulb in an empty CASE. However, I see no practical way to fit a flashlight's components into a typical 1/4 -1 inch long pistol or rifle "bullet."

In a bookstore, I once saw an action novel's cover portraying an entire CARTRIDGE being launched from a handgun's barrel. That immediately told me the writers/editors were likely metro-sexuals born/raised in some urban mecca far from the Real World, and/or were technically illiterate ditz-brain drama majors, and/or were in sync with politics grounded in disinformation and feminized emotion. So, I passed.

Ya think a flashlight made from a "bullet" would be cool? And might such a product be subsequently deemed a "cop killer" flashlight by the always technically ill-informed/anti-gun Press?

Political Correctness aside -- gag me, dear children. I'll stick to my little Peak Matterhorn lights.

That's a lot of useless writing if you knew what he meant.

To get back on topic, yea, making a flashlight out of shell or "casing" would be pretty cool.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
50 cal bullet next to old fenix

DSCN0752.jpg

soulrider

Newly Enlightened
That's a lot of useless writing if you knew what he meant.

To get back on topic, yea, making a flashlight out of shell or "casing" would be pretty cool.

Some people just wait on the chance to point out/correct people when they use certain terms wrong. The same crowd will jump on someone who uses the term 'clip' incorrectly when it should be 'magazine'. Is there a distinct difference, yes. Do most people know it, no. Do most people use the terms interchangeably, yes. On a gun forum I might see fit to correct someone but on a flashlight forum, not so much.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm I just found that thread...

I have the aprts for this setup...

- white 5mm LED
- 556 Casing
- 38 super FMJ bullet
- small thread-to switch
- A123 12V batt
- proper resistor

removing the case primer one should ream threads for the switch.
cut the case at the shoulder making it cylindrical
drill through the bullet
fix led to the bullet
solder negative LED lead to bullet
solder resistor on positive lead
press-fit bullet in the case over batt

but having no tapping set the project remains....

sonrider657

Newly Enlightened
Definitely go with a .50 cal - something big enough to put out some real light.