No More Donations Needed for Christmas Gifts VII

ksbman

Flashaholic*
[URL=https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1694997&postcount=1]2006[/URL]It's that time of year again. :santa:

Here's the way I did it in the past - 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/213568 2008 - and this year I'm going to do it the same way as last year, let everyone share in the fun. So what I'm asking for is to have some of you donate a light that you're not using to make someone else's Christmas brighter.

If you have something to donate, please don't post what it is in this thread. I'd like to keep that a surprise until the day of the drawing. Send me an e-mail or a PM with what you'd like to donate.

This offer is open to those participating members of the CPF community who cannot afford to buy one of these lights themselves, whether it be because they have no job, no disposable income, are still in school, or ?.

I have some new rules this year (for recipients), but if you want to donate a light and don't like my rules, I'm flexible -

- If your 'About Me' profile isn't filled out, you don't qualify.
- If you have received a gift from the last 3 Christmas Give-aways, then you don't qualify.
- If you have more than one 'high end' light, you don't qualify.
- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.
- If you just want another light to add to your collection, you don't qualify.

These rules go into effect at the time of this post.

If you'd like to donate, it would be easiest if you just held on to the light until it is chosen. That way you could send it directly to the person who chose it, instead of mailing it to me and having me mail it again.

Gift donations will be accepted up until the day of the drawing; I'll start the drawing November 27th.

This thread is just for people who would like to donate a light. I'll start a thread next week for those of you who would like to receive a light.

This will probably be the last Christmas Give-away I host. I haven't been around much in the past few years except for my Christmas threads and to buy cool lights in Custom & Mod B/S/T. Being just a lurker anymore, most people here don't know me and I don't know them. But I'll always proudly be a Flashaholic.

:grouphug: Thanks Everyone.

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Re: Donations Needed for Christmas Gifts VII

Fantastic idea! I'm in. Now the hard part is choosing which light to part with...

I'll send a PM tomorrow to let you know what I'm contributing. Thanks for organizing this great giveaway! Here's to some good holiday cheer...

- FITP

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm in. I'll send a PM. or email? later with what I'm giving away ;).

Keith.. I'll be glad to help out with organizing if need be.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can't believe it's that time of year again:D! You wouldn't even believe how much use I've gotten out of my gift last year. I've used it so much I had to put electrical tape on parts of it to slow down the erosion of anodizing:twothumbs! That's just from use to, I've never dropped it once:faint:! This year I was hopping I could scavenge something together to give away, but I'll have to see what I can do:naughty:.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic

A great huge :party: to our resident :santa: again this year! :thumbsup:

I'm sure everyone here appreciates all the effort Keith has gone to for these giveaways. I know I always look forward to them every year - the generosity of members here frequently blows me away. Now more than ever, I suspect there are a lot of members of our community who could use some help and a little Xmas cheer.

Thanks again Keith!

Gunner12

Flashaholic

It's that time of year again!

I'll see what I can find to donate (not guarantee that I will find anything though...).

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll have to take a look at what's laying around unused. I'm sure I can come up with a couple items.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast

email sent.

-----

Do try to let us know roughly where you are.
No need for exact address.
If I know you are in Europe, I won't send you to Sears to buy a Craftsman or Dorcy torch. Or buy 115V 60Hz stuff.

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was a receiver last year and though my finances have not improved in the slightest (on the contrary actually), I do now have enough lights that I don't believe I qualify. Instead I will try to figure out a way to donate. Put me down as a tentative "I'm in" and I'll PM you once I figure out what I have available.

For what it's worth, the two items I received last year are two of my most used items in my inventory. My E01 is on my keychain and the Gift Cards I received to 4Sevens are now rechargeable cells powering my favorite lights.

This thread is one of my absolute favorite parts of CPF and I am honored to get a chance at the good end of it this time. Receiving is fun, but Giving is way cooler!

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very cool idea.
I'm new here, don't have a light yet to donate, but hat's off to all the members that make this a special time of year:D
I'm not asking to be in the draw, as I do have two lights incoming.
I'm always amazed at how forums like these bring together great people.
Thanks
John

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I've been keeping an eye out for this annual thread.

PM on the way.

greenLED

Flashaholic

For those who don't know the history of this thread, Keith used to give away his own lights.

Keith, I was a recipient of your generosity back in 2004. I'll always remember the warm feeling of opening a Christmas package with an Inova 24/7, from who seemed to be a complete stranger. That was one of the things that brought me closer to CPF.

Count me in with a donation this year. Just gotta figure out what and how to make it happen from abroad.

edc3

Enlightened

It's been a hard year, financially, for me and my wife, but I had a bit of good fortune recently so I'd like to give back something. Sending PM...

moondawg

Newly Enlightened

My first post here. Hi folks :>)
Thats a very nice thing you are doing I'm glad to see the christmas spirit still lives in some and it is a shame that you wont be doing after this year maybe some one else will take it over or you may have a change in hart.
Thanks for the info you guy's/gals have posted here. I have an ols 6D mag that i would like to breed new life into some day . I got it in the early 90's and it still works..

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

I'm confused by your list of rules, as it sounds like they should mostly be applying to recipients...but they make little sense to me taken as a whole. The most confusing if someone is considering contributing a light, with no expectation of receiving one are these rules:

- If you have more than one 'high end' light, you don't qualify.
- If you just don't want to spend your own money, you don't qualify.
These seem like Bah Humbug rules.