Quark 123/2 vs Fenix PD30+

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the PD30, not the latest one, and want to get one for my EMT buddy to carry. I've seen the Quarks rise in popularity lately and was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. They look like basically the same style/type of light. What are the pros/cons, if any of the Quark vs the Fenix.

Also, if someone is willing to sell their MINT neutral white Quark 123-2 light, I'd be interested in it. I think the better color rendition might be better out in the field for him.

Thanks,
Dan

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wave:

I've been using the pd30 at work for the past 3mon. and now started to rotate in my Qti 123-2. Both are great lights where as the R5 in the Ti, IMO, is more floodier (and brighter)and a noticeable larger spill area as compared to the pd30. The pd30 still has a slight advantage in throw when I compared the two inspecting some head gates at the Dam:candle: I am working at.

just my .02

edit: can't speak on the regular line of Quarks but excluding the levels/modes of output I think they are the same.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not had the regular Quark, but I do have the PD30+ and just bought and sold a Quark 123x2 tactical. I liked the PD30+ better for its more evenly spaced levels...great tint, forward clicky and size.

That being said, a regular 123x2 quark with a forward clicky might be just as good or better, and take 17650's or 18650's to boot.

I just mention this because when I bought the Quark, I totally intended to sell the PD30+ because I was SURE the Quark would be so much better. I was really suprised when I liked the PD30+ more.

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
The main differences on a Quark are the extra-low 'moonlight' mode, and the spacing of the levels is designed so that there is a more noticeable difference in output between each level. I'd say the spacing appears pretty even, though.