Nitecore knock-off

southplinker

Newly Enlightened
Saw this cool little light "super defender" for $20 and bought it only to learn later that it was a knock-off of nitecore extreme.

nitecore03.jpg

the emitter
img1209v.jpg

and some outdoor shots with the Jet-I pro V3

"super defender" on high with AW RCR123
sd1441.jpg

jetbeam on high with AW 14500
jb1442.jpg

hey for $20 I like it a lot. UI is high-low-strobe via half-press but sometimes it starts with low or strobe but i don't care:D

Thanks everyone!

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
looks a lot like romisen's rc-a4 ll, which looks a lot like the nitecore. the romisen is available at shiningbeam for $23 and i would assume one would get better quality and customer service from them as well as faster shipping.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Nitecores OEM fabricator in asia has been doing a lot of work for others lately. One of my heatsink suppliers was giving these away at a recent mechanical engineering convention. Its higher quality than any of my other China-origin lights, and it definitely feels and performs like a type III finish.

dscn5965.jpg

dscn5966z.jpg

dscn5962.jpg

dscn5963p.jpg

dscn5964.jpg

dscn5970.jpg

dscn5967c.jpg

dscn5969.jpg

Last edited:

southplinker

Newly Enlightened
Hi southplinker

Have a look at the sacredfire

[link removed - DM51]

Does it look the a same like pill, finish etc

where did you buy it from?

I got it from an airsoft shop in one of the malls here in the Philippines.

Last edited by a moderator:

southplinker

Newly Enlightened
Nitecores OEM fabricator in asia has been doing a lot of work for others lately. One of my heatsink suppliers was giving these away at a recent mechanical engineering convention. Its higher quality than any of my other China-origin lights, and it definitely feels and performs like a type III finish.

Wow that is a very solid light there! I curious to as how the UI works.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Boo. Don't like knock-offs. :thumbsdow

UI is high-low-strobe via half-press but sometimes it starts with low or strobe but i don't care

Sounds like this one is a knock-off only in external appearance.

Why waste the money on rip-offs that don't work properly ? Better to buy the real thing and only spend your money once - IMHO.

Boo. Don't like knock-offs. :thumbsdow

Sounds like this one is a knock-off only in external appearance.

Why waste the money on rip-offs that don't work properly ? Better to buy the real thing and only spend your money once - IMHO.

+1 Use it a dozen times,it breaks,goes in the trash bin.Waste of money.:sigh::sigh::sigh: :naughty::naughty::naughty:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
kramer5150,
how's the UI?

Not bad for a mode flipper with strobe.

-LOTC, reverse clicky
-Last mode memorizes if left on for 1 second or more
-From Hi, half press for 1 second to switch to low.
-From Lo, half press to activate strobe
-From strobe half press again to activate Hi

Sounds clumsy but its not too bad. The strobe can be quickly flipped through with minimal disturbance going from Lo to Hi. Nice thing is it wont jump out of high unless half pressed for a second. I can signal-flash or do a "manual" strobe and remain fixed on Hi. Going from Hi straight to strobe though is a bit difficult.