Floodiest 1xAA light?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently gave my best friend my Fenix L1Tv2 and am trying to decide on a new 1xAA EDC light.

For the kinds of things I use my pocket light for, flood is far more preferable than throw, but there are also times where that's useful too, so I'm not sure a zebra will work that well for me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
put a ledil boom in any of them and you'll love it.
mcu-c7 is a nice one, you'll have to trim down the sides but its great.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Zebralite H50, now discontinued :mecry:

I think it is still on the ZL website listed as in stock. Would be a darn shame to drop it as I like the twisty. Yea the H50 is the floodiest light going I think and even more so than the rest of the ZL lineup.

madmook

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a Romisen RC-29, and I love the flawless flood its puts out. Also can be adjusted it to be a thrower.

Cheap and with great functionality, but not the most slim or sleek in design.

edc3

Enlightened
+1 on the Quark XP-G. If you liked your L1T you can think of the Tactical Quark as a super deluxe L1T. On the surface it's the same forward clicky, two level twist UI as the L1T except YOU pick the brightness (or flashing mode) for each level. It has a much, much lower low and a higher high and a nice big hotspot with good spill.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input.

I've been thinking a Quark Mini, but the fact it doesn't come with a clip or a holster makes me hesitate... I'd be limited to keychain attachment or loose in my pocket, and I'd like the flexibility of being able to do either.

The Romisen sounds interesting... although I really do want something a little sleeker than my L1T or a Quark AA which is why the Quark Mini is so attractive despite the limitation on the carrying options.

Now that the regular Quarks are being updated to the XPG I've thought about a Quark AA but again, it really would be clip-carry only, and for a light that short, the clip position would be awkward since it's lower down on the body compared to say a D10. I think it would make the light less stable when clipped into a pocket of tactical or cargo shorts.

Does Liteflux make a slim 1xAA light that can be either clipped or holster carried?

How is the flood on an EZ AA?

Would the flood on a QMini 123 be more than for the QMini AA?
Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

chef4850

Enlightened
take a look at the jetbeam rrt-0. great light with a high - high and a supurb low mode. build is great and it runs off of AA as well as 123's. decient flood and a lot of throw.

Chef

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark XP-G is floodier than the Jetbeams, and of course more efficient. The pocket clip is very strong.

madmook

Newly Enlightened
I'm also eagerly awaiting the Quark Prism accessory, which comes with a diffuser lens that should turn the throwy Quark AA into pure flood. Too bad it got delayed into December...

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also eagerly awaiting the Quark Prism accessory, which comes with a diffuser lens that should turn the throwy Quark AA into pure flood. Too bad it got delayed into December...

Hey... That sounds promising... Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I'm definitely leaning toward a Quark, either the QAA or the AA Mini. I've also been reconsidering the batt size too as I've been reading about the LiteFlux AAA light... It looks very promising although it doesn't seem to have the same power as the Quarks.

mbw_151

Enlightened
If you want flood, try an older Photon Proton. Not state of the art LEDs by a long shot, but very floody. I still use mine despite owning many newer lights.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone, thanks for all the input.

I think I'm going to go with one of the new Quark XPG AA's.

So far I've been very pleased with my XRE QAA2 and the new accessories that are coming out for the quarks can easily give me the option for flood when I want it, not to mention the other nice accessories that are available for the standard Quarks.

It will be a bit larger than what I originally hoped for, but I think the added versatility will be worth it. I'll be able to use the new angle/prism head and diffuser, the color filters, the holster, the clip, etc for it. I'll also be able to use 14500's and still be fully regulated and get the AA2 level output, and use anything AA size.

I'll probably still end up getting something like a Mini AA as a backup or keychain light, but I think the regular AA will give me the most versatility and use.