post photos using your own light

marokero

Newly Enlightened
For those who have been following my thread on the garage-built Riegel LED Light ( https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/247826 ), here are some shots that I took using that light at work:

http://marokero.com/Riegel/index_4.html

In #46 and #47 the light is bounced off the tall ceiling at the bride's house, so the shadow fill is subtle but effective. In #48 the light is aimed at the bride's parents to make sure they showed up in the frame, instead of being shadowy shapes in the background (it was near sunset time on a cloudy day). In #49 my light is behind the groom, and my videographer friend is lighting the couple from the front. You can clearly see the color difference between his incandescent light and my LED light.

And to satisfy those who like to see beam shots, here it goes:

before:
off.jpg

after:
on.jpg

Well, not much of beam there since it's a flood light. :whistle: But anyway, I thought we all could share photos made by lighting your subjects with your own lights (be it a flashlight, bike light, custom light, just no flash). Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Last edited:

marokero

Newly Enlightened
Alright, I'll post another shot I did with my light, this time it's my own reflection in my wife's eye:

marokero

Newly Enlightened
A few from this weekend:

snowman1.jpg

The squirrels stole one of the eyes and some of the buttons from the snowman...
snowman2.jpg

This is how I my light was set on the snow:
lightstand.jpg

Happy holidays and a great 2010 to everyone!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some shots we did on Boxing Day - Mine and my Sister's children - lighting by me and my torches!

Devil
4221564537_06c729862d_o.jpg

Angel
4221571407_5c316eec18_o.jpg

Disco
4221577547_57018325a0_o.jpg

Fun with torches even if you're not going far!

marokero

Newly Enlightened
That looked like a lot of fun! How do you get that red/blue aura around the kids? I mean that glow with a well defined bright outline around it.