The SWEET spot in Xenon brightness/run time/cost

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Streamlight 4AA Xenon has to be given 4 stars. I think the equivelent in PT, Uke, etc., also rank up there. Long run time. compared to 2 123's. AA's, bless them, cheap, effective, rechargeable, and available.

Mine rivals 6P/Scorpion beam quality and brightness (as it should as they are all 6 Volt) with a useable/pocketable size. Not a Tac light (as in gun carry), ahhh, maybe they are, I have big pockets.

I have this aversion to turning on my CR123 lights, as I know how quickly they diiieeeee. I just received three dozen 123's from SF, but I think I'll hoard them.

Everyday bump in the night , a 6 volt 4AA Xenon.

But my SL Ultra Stinger is NOT forgotten.

hideo

Enlightened
Complete brain cramp--ignore the confusion below with TwinTasks that john was discussing before (musn't get up at 2AM and expect proper cerebral function /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

--mine does not have the throw of the smaller beams of my G2 or Peli M6 (or even the Dorcy Spyder), but that said, I'm pretty confident the runtime will be significantly longer and the broader beam (it dosen't have the laser hotspot of the other two) is alot more useful for normal navigation in the dark.

And love the utility of using the Leds for basic dark navigation .. why use the A bomb when an RPG will do?

hideo

hideo

Enlightened
try again ...

don't have the Xenon, but my 7LED version is a sweetie--great usable light ... not a saber, but cheap, bright and has a momentary ...

phew! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

hideo