I have $100 for a new light

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at the 4D Mag-Lite Terralux TLE-300MR upgrade or the 4Sevens Quark cr123a 2 Light I've read so much about??? I had never heard of 4Sevens until I joined CPF... My local knife shop sales almost every model by 4Sevens and some major maglite upgrades so I am going tomorrow (Monday) :popcorn:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a little surprised that any B&M store is selling 47's lights. This is the first I've heard of this. You're a lucky man!

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
That was the intent of 4sevens, To be sold in stores. Partly the reason for the nice packaging.

When it comes to maglite or 4sevens I would always choose 4seven light because Im not going to carry a maglite in my pocket.

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
That was the intent of 4sevens, To be sold in stores. Partly the reason for the nice packaging.

When it comes to maglite or 4sevens I would always choose 4seven light because Im not going to carry a maglite in my pocket.

good point... when I was growing up if you wanted brighter you had to go bigger... I am blown away by the out put of the new Quark R5's I want one so bad but I have no clue when they will be available...:poke:

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
I'm a little surprised that any B&M store is selling 47's lights. This is the first I've heard of this. You're a lucky man!

I am tired of waiting on 4Sevens... I'm getting the quark R2 version tactical 2XCR123's locally :twothumbs ... I got outbid on EBAY on a Titanium CR123 tactical :sigh:

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
I am tired of waiting on 4Sevens... I'm getting the quark R2 version tactical 2XCR123's locally :twothumbs ... I got outbid on EBAY on a Titanium CR123 tactical :sigh:
Good Idea. The few more lumens you'll get by waiting, Wouldn't even be a huge difference. You would only notice with a side by side comparison.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
For $100, you can get a very nice handmade American light instead of a mass produced Chinese model (nothing against 4-7's whose products are very nice)

I'd spend my $$$ on a Ra EDC Executive which you can get for $99 including 4 free batteries and a battery holder from Battery Station, but if lumen numbers are most important, go with 4-7's

Last edited:

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
Good suggestions guys!!!:twothumbs
My utility closet is a maglite graveyard :sick2:
Well I have read nothing but good things about quarks... I don't feel like waiting on the next R5 batch... So with CPF's blessing I am going to purchase it tomorrow. I will tell you where I'm at after I buy it. they only have one left and finding a quark in an actual store is like finding the holy grail lol:candle:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Good suggestions guys!!!:twothumbs
My utility closet is a maglite graveyard :sick2:
Well I have read nothing but good things about quarks... I don't feel like waiting on the next R5 batch... So with CPF's blessing I am going to purchase it tomorrow. I will tell you where I'm at after I buy it. they only have one left and finding a quark in an actual store is like finding the holy grail lol:candle:

No such thing as a maglite graveyard... they can be modded and hot rodded to outperform any current production light. (sometimes for less $$$ too).

Biggest advantage they have is their HUGE heatsinking capabilities. SO that means high currents through LEDs.

:thumbsup:

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
No such thing as a maglite graveyard... they can be modded and hot rodded to outperform any current production light. (sometimes for less $$$ too).

Biggest advantage they have is their HUGE heatsinking capabilities. SO that means high currents through LEDs.

Point taken, makes sense :twak: and its hard to break people with a Quark as opposed to a 4D maglite lol.

:rock: BTW!!! I got my Quark 123-2 Tactical and my Fenix E01 Today!!! :rock:

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
I'm in Huntington, where are you at?
And where is there a shop with 4sevens lights?! :D

www.newgraham.com
They have about anything you could possible want. I went there today and they have 3 cases full of name brand flashlights and an entire back wall, not to mention good cheap batteries, and any knife under the sun... awesome place, I was in there 2 hours today :whistle:

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
Newgraham.com is a great store to order from. Ive ordered a couple knifes from them. Yeah there site has 4sevens lights, Good job 4sevens. I think its a pretty recommended site on the knife side of the internet. Wasnt long after I bought a few knifes I was and still am buying flashlights.

rangerxtrn

Newly Enlightened
Newgraham.com is a great store to order from. Ive ordered a couple knifes from them. Yeah there site has 4sevens lights, Good job 4sevens. I think its a pretty recommended site on the knife side of the internet. Wasnt long after I bought a few knifes I was and still am buying flashlights.

Same here... I started buying knives, now i'm into lights... my thing is that i like well made stuff, i am hard on my gear, it gets used everyday... so i like 4sevens and Benchmades lol, and now i'm broke :D i graduate college in may so maybe i can really get into a custom light build after i get a real job...:party: