Anybody ever get their lights custom engraved?

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently designing what I want laser engraved on my FiveMega C Head/C Tail bodies. Those big blank flat sides are just begging for it. I'm set to meet with a local engraver too discuss price and other details tomorrow. I think I'm putting more thought into this than I did for any of my tattoos. My wife of course thinks I'm crazy, but that's nothing new. Besides, she's the one who inspired me when she told me one of her Christmas gift ideas was to get some of my Maglite ail caps engraved. Has anyone else got this done to any of their FiveMega bodies or any of their lights for that matter?

If so this is the place to post the pictures. Of course mine will be posted as soon as they're done.

Last edited:

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not mine, but forumite Pontiaker (Matt Cucchiara) is a knifemaker and also does engraving, some of his work can be seen here, and a Ti Quark here.

Norm

Retired Administrator
From here More Here

IMG_6347.jpg

Last edited:

curtispdx

Enlightened
I had a 6P laser engraved over ten years ago (?) and it still looks fantastic.

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
Wow. Looks like when it's all said and done, I may be too embarrassed to post my pics. I'm keeping it simple, name and badge number sort of thing. Great stuff. Keep it coming.

ragweed

Enlightened
I had my 3 cell Maglight engraved with just my initials a while back. Helps keep co-workers honest & not claiming its theirs.

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
Curtispdx,
...............:crackup:Gotta love the true custom pieces.

Engraving? COOL, thanks for the idea.

T45

Enlightened
just found this thread while I was looking for someone else beside mac at macs customs that could do some engraving like he used to. Example:

1011867_10200159139286564_1209036780_n.jpg

and then I find that horrible engraving curtispdx did :duh2: Well...back to some more searching

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here ya go:

2s6pkeh.jpg
:shakehead

that is horrible^
Does it really matter ? - sure it looks terrible, but it's obviously a working tool, and that engraving stops it from walking away - it does the job required its not done as an artistic piece
i am fairly certain he isn't going to sell it (just like I will never sell my first 6P, or my Novatac, they both have memories attached to them
my old maglite I carried on duty is engraved in a similar manner (it actually looks worse than that) and again, it doesn't matter, it's a working tool, and bears the scars of being dropped, thrown, and just used hard for a few years - im sure that Millenium Turbohead and attached light is the same

Last edited:

justin22885

Newly Enlightened
a lot of the newer lights i look at dont even look like theres room to engrave anything.. the maglite i guess would be the only one i guess

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few years back I had a couple EL Blaster Jr bodies engraved with my wife's last name to keep them from being stolen at work. It was a very good investment.