Old 4c Maglite switch diagram

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, great forum you guys have here. Been reading and reading and reading but I can not find an exploded view of the old c cell maglite switch. I had a battery leak in my 4 c cell and couldn't remove it so I tinkered around enough to get the retaining ring out and then got stumped by the switch. I then found the removal instructions and video and the switch came right out the front just like it was supposed to BUT when it did, it grenaded in my hand. Parts went everywhere. I think I have all of the lost parts but I have no idea how to reassemble. I have tried several times and I just can't get it to click any more. Anyone have a diagram? I did see the diagram of the newer switch but it must be different enough to not work like mine.

Thanks everyone,
Chad

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
AWESOME!!!! I thought I might never get it back together. Thank you for the info. I can't wait to get home from work today and put my old trusty light back together. And, like you said, if all else fails I can at least order a new one.

thanks again,
Chad

now if I could just find those brinkmann parts I need!

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
You guys are awesome. Thank you sooo much. My old trusty mag is back together and working well. Thanks for the support.

Chad

swampgator

Enlightened
Glad to be of help. Another helpful hint: next time you can do a search and see if something's been posted before, chances are, with all the experts here, it has.

Still, glad you got her up and running. I Just picked up another C cell Mag yesterday!

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I'm curious as to how you got your retaining ring loose... I just received an older 4C Mag and the retaining ring sure doesn't want to budge! For what it's worth, I've just been trying to remove it with some small screwdrivers, probably not the best method.

chadecoen

Newly Enlightened
I actually used a sears twin work light stand. It is hollow pipe about the right size to fit over the bulb but small enough to fit in the body. I filed away a little material on top of the tube leaving two raised bumps that fit in the indentions on the ring. Twisted right off and tighened right back on when I was done. I'm sure you can buy a tool around here somewhere but a hollow tube of somesort should do just fine. I also had a cheap broomstick that was metal that would have worked too. Good luck.

Chad