Demon possessed Stanley 5 watt LED

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
My Stanley 5 watt LED light is demon possessed.

I have it sitting on a side table and last night I was sitting there and caught a few flashes in that direction. I glanced over an the light was off. After a few more seconds, it did it again. It was sitting there flashing on and off 5 or 6 times over a period of 5 or 6 seconds. It didn't have a fixed pattern, just something more like a loose wire.

I picked it up, and thought that maybe it was laying on the trigger somehow. I fiddled with it a little, and decided that the trigger seemed to have too much force to be pressed down. I pressed the trigger a few more times and it stopped lighting on its own.

After an hour or so, it flashed on and off for a few more seconds one time.

Luckily, I have my Wallyworld receipt, so I'm going to exchange it. I really like the light, but not if it's going to self destruct or even if it's going to come on and discharge itself.

Has anyone else gotten a possessed Stanley 5 watt LED light?

Patriot

Flashaholic
An HID light behaving light that is of great concern as you know. That's a big time fire hazard. Be sure to deplete the battery before you leave it anywhere by itself.

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
An HID light behaving light that is of great concern as you know. That's a big time fire hazard. Be sure to deplete the battery before you leave it anywhere by itself.

its the 5 watt led

id just return it and get the HID :)

liteitup

Newly Enlightened
I already have the HID. The LED is much smaller and still amazingly bright.

If my local Walmart bursts into flames tonight, it wasn't my returned Stanley 5W *LED* light that did it, OK?
your secret is safe here.... its not yours anymore if its returned anyways :D
LOL!!! I'd such a dork! I see "Stanley" and my brain automatically goes to the HID light. :ohgeez: :whistle:
you've been conditioned for hid... all those tests youve been running lately and everything