Blue SF KL4?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if it is a mod or not.

The bidding started at $125.00, which is about the cost of a L4. Modding it would cost money, so it would seem that it may not be a mod. Then again, I haven't heard anything or seen anything about colored L4s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poor fellow has poor english. Sure looks like a white one to me?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
My guess is that it's a mod. I didn't realize that blue Luxeons are hard to find? Certainly in a flashlight, there probably aren't many. I went and checked and I still have mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif :

KL4-mods.jpg

- Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
it's definately a royal blue.

you can tell when you look at the corona.

i'm glad he didn't take yours don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
TheLEDMuseum,

I know the E2e/L4 bodies are identical [functionally], but mine defintely has engraved markings indicating it is an L4 body. Did you buy yours as an L4, or from someone who mounted the KL4 head on an E2e?

I agree it is hard to tell from the picture, but his/her text says "Surefire Digital Lumamax L-4 5 Watt Royal Blue Luxeon Star head LED".

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
FlashlightOCD said:
TheLEDMuseum,

I know the E2e/L4 bodies are identical [functionally], but mine defintely has engraved markings indicating it is an L4 body. Did you buy yours as an L4, or from someone who mounted the KL4 head on an E2e?

[/ QUOTE ]
FlashlightOCD,

Mine came this way right from SureFire. It's an evaluation sample though, so maybe they didn't have any spare bodies that read "L4 DIGITAL LUMAMAX" on them. The letter that came with it called it an "L4" instead of a "KL4". And the flashlight body has "EXECUTIVE ELITE E2e" on it. So it's definitely a "KL4 bezel on an E2e body", and has the Z57 tailcap clicky switch on it.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
bwcaw,

It's a cell extender made from an old style Arc 1xAA pak. It allows for the copia 150b Li-Ion cell that drives the 1 watt Luxeon that replaced the 5W in the KL4 bezel.

- Don